How Awesome is LCHF!?

Options
softblondechick
softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
Yesterday I was thrilled! I was shopping at Costco, putting all the most delicious things in my cart; butter, cheese, heavy cream, filet mignon, alfredo sauce, bacon, coconut oil.Things that on my previous diet I denied myself. Previously, on the "Paleo" diet, my cart was filled with quinoa, fruit, lentils, no dairy products.

I never lost weight on Paleo, and always felt bloated, yet at the same time, oddly unsatisfied and craving more carbs, shortly after eating a full meal. I was voraciously hungry at night, and my bedtime ritual included a raid on the fridge for a midnight snack.

Last week, I was under calories, after a strength training, came home, and had a small wedge of brie, with a large glass of water. I went to bed, fully satisfied, and had a long deep sleep.

I have more energy, and no mind fog. I feel sharper and stronger than ever. And I have been losing weight!

Replies

• lizpitts
    lizpitts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    YES! 2 weeks on LCHF. I've lost 4 pounds and my blood pressure has dropped 20 points. I also have more energy and focus. Most of all I feel satisfied. No cravings, no feeling hungry and not knowing what I want to eat. I feel like I have to think less with this WOE than any other.
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES! lol Agree to everything you said and it's the same for me! I feel satisfied all the time, have more energy and don't feel tired or bloated anymore. Only drawback I've experienced is constipation but I think I just need more fiber and water. Lost 17 lbs in 35 days!
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES! lol Agree to everything you said and it's the same for me! I feel satisfied all the time, have more energy and don't feel tired or bloated anymore. Only drawback I've experienced is constipation but I think I just need more fiber and water. Lost 17 lbs in 35 days!

More water, ALWAYS. More fiber, NO. More fat...YES, YES, YES!!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It is awesome! I am glad you feel so well. It is apparent in your post. Keep up the great work.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The energy levels are AWESOME. I swear, I feel like I live off energy drinks and probably some illegal drugs...but it's all LCHF.