Question for the group

Options
SteamClutch
SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
So msnucerity has deactivated her account and has no co-founder. Many of us are in for just the 30 but some are in for longer and some are asking about a group for February and so on. Should we nuke this group and fire up another one (with co-founders), or wait until this dies off and see what the people that want to continue would like to do?

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm game for either. I'm definitely down for February! I am taking one day off but other than that I'm good to go. Maybe we should have a February and beyond group? Clutch I would like to place my vote for u as leader.
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    I am always willing to pitch in but I will not be 100% compliant next month, Chocolate will be returning to my menu but less than before and occasionally cheese I suspect (both addicting food BTW). Leader or no I would still want others involved thus the question.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This group really helped in getting me back on track but with the founder deactivating her account... bit of a bummer that. I vote for a fresh start in February, another whole 30 and/or re
  • emilymean
    Options
    ...igniting your paleo diet. I plan on staying true to paleo but incorporating almond flour, etc, more baking but also some kind of kefir/yogurt.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am having one day off and then straight back to it, strict, for another four weeks. I really like checking in with the group every day, it keeps me thinking about what I am eating. I am happy to help out however I need to. I am happy with the idea of starting a new group. May get some new people in to it. And keep all the awesome oldies too!
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how it should be continued but one thing I know is that it is important that is does continue. Even though I did not do the reset properly, strangely enough it still kept me on track and I enjoyed watching the progress and successes of those who were committed.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am planning on taking a cheat day on the 31st, and then going again for a different set of goals. I'm for a new February group, and then this one should just die out.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm down for a Feb and beyond group and Clutch I vote you leader as well. I hope our original founder is ok. You guys have been so helpful for me I want you all to stay!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya on whatever you decide! I NEED you people or I would have bailed 2 weeks ago!
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    Well I was not posting to get nominations but I am willing to set it up and stay with the group, also I am flattered for the suggestion. I just didn't want it to fade away and to address the absence of the moderator. Who would like to be in the pool of moderators? I will need some volunteers to get it set up.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What is involved? I am happy to help out : )
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Just tell me what to do Clutch :)
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    The parties involved would more or less regulate the board and have permission to make a subject "sticky" (or permanently on top). No one can currently change anything on this board just add to it. And if someone drops out like our friend msnucerity, someone will be there to pick up the ball, not a lot of work really.
  • emilymean
    Options
    I'll be here, I'd volunteer also but my app and online accounts won't sync and I'm afraid to delete the app and reinstall for fear I will lose all my tracking going back to late July of last year. But you know I'll be here commenting, lol :)
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Ok I am willing to volunteer as a moderator.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm down for either.
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I will be a part of anything that gets set up.

My plan is to stick to this and not look forward to or even plan a cheat day. I went cold turkey and won't go back. I did it with alcohol 6 yrs ago and I am going to try it with this. I did not have a drink for 5 plus years, tried again a couple times and it was just another drink and made me feel like crap. If I stick to this long enough those cheat meals will make me feel like crap too.

I used to have a couple sodas a day, bowl of ice cream at night. Shared fast food with the kids and ate pizza at my boys while I was helping him. Never cared at all last year and gained a ton of weight back. My core started getting weak and would wake up with back aches all the time.

Hopefully on our cruise in May they will have some tasty cocktails though.....hahaha I want that to be my farthest stretch from Paleo. A cocktail on a beach once in a blue moon...lol

I just hope all the situations allow me to stick with it. I know some circumstances will arise and something won't be available but I sure hope that is few and far between.
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    Thanks all, This should work out fine I will try to get something set up tonight so it is ready to go. Any ideas on what to name the group?