Level 3 Daily Check In

Options
For anyone that's moved onto Level 3! Or wants to see what people are saying about it... :P

I couldn't complete half of the moves! Jillian would've been very angry. It was hard work but I think I'll be able to work my way up again from Anita to Natalie moves. As with every other level it's practice makes progress.

In other news, managed to get carpet burn on my elbow. I feel like a kid again, haha!

How is everyone else finding it?

Replies

• CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just finished L3 D1, and hated it! I thought I was pretty coordinated and strong, but almost fell down or toppled over with some of thoses moves. Trying to decide which move I hate the most, but I think with time I'll do better. If I weren't a part of this group, I think I'd have a hard time sticking with this, though. Thank you all for motivating me!

I do have to admit that my shoulders, arms, and abs look so much better than they did a month ago. Unfortunately, my shoulders are "burning" as Jillian would say, and now I have to go lug around mulch before it gets back into the 90's. Yesterday, I drank so much water, and this morning I weighed 3 pounds less than yesterday. I know it's all water weight, but it's odd that it can cause so much of a difference (139 lbs to 136).

Good luck, everyone!
  • elm7f
    elm7f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I found level 3 to be so hard. I hate all the jumping, but I'm so close to the end I'm going to keep on keeping on.
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    the superman exercise seems so pointless i dont get it and it hurts my neck/back
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    Skipping the shred today (I allow myself one day off per level, seems to have had no effect on the previous two!) and doing 2hrs of Taekwondo later to make up for it. Revision must come first!

Also, my shoulders and abs (I have abs?!) are reaaally painful. Clearly whatever is under that layer of tummy fat has been seriously worked out :P
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    I'm skipping today as well. My left shoulder is soooo sore. I just took some advil and will try a run later. Hopefully that will loosen it up.

I hate those superman moves too. They're supposed to be great for your back, but I prefer to do reverse cruches on a balance ball.
  • bpalferys
    Options
    Level 3 is hard! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's finding it difficult. I hope your shoulder is better today, CCNYE63, and heywithers you might be doing the move wrong if it hurts that much? Not sure how else to help!

I did Anita moves for some of the time, normally tried Natalie first and then moved to Anita. Had to take the jumping moves carefully because my knee is still funny from the past 20 days of the shred :P And they really acted up when I was doing taekwondo yesterday too so I had to take it real easy this morning.

Still, I am beginning to see a little definition on my tummy which I have literally never seen before. Focus on the positives, everyone! Anyone else had a positive moment that's pushed them to carry on? :)
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    Did my second day of level 3 this morning, and it went much better. My shoulder is still sore, but not as tight so I could do all the moves (sometimes Anita, sometimes, Natalie).

Bpalferys, congrats on your ab definition - very exciting!
  • bpalferys
    Options
    Thanks CCNYE63! It might all be in my mind but my final picture will tell the tale :P

Still finding this level really tough... Day 4, though, so should get better from here. I've heard a lot of people say the first 4 days are the biggest hurdle! Hoping to actually start learning some of the moves soon instead of staring blankly at the screen trying to work out what's coming next. The routine isn't quite in my brain yet!
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    Skipping 30DS today, and going to run instead. My shoulder is bothering me still, and today my pecs and abs are sore as well! I think that's because I felt like I did the moves correctly, yesterday.

Good luck, everyone!
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    Level 3, Day 3 done! I had to do it at 6:00am, without eating anything, so it wasn't pretty, but I did it. I do much better with a little food in me.
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    L3D1 done today! I like this level so much better than L2, I absolutely dreaded doing that everyday! I was hoping for less impact on my knee this level but I guess not. I can't wait to see the results at the end of this level. The results at the end of the other two made the sweat and tears worth it :)
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    L3D1 done today! I like this level so much better than L2, I absolutely dreaded doing that everyday! I was hoping for less impact on my knee this level but I guess not. I can't wait to see the results at the end of this level. The results at the end of the other two made the sweat and tears worth it :)

I just checked out your pics- awesome! Congrats on your results!

L3D4 done! Went much better this morning. Only used modifications a couple of times.
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started Level 3 today was day 1. Definitely challenging! I did do measurements & progress pics this morning. Nothing to report...I'm sure my diet is the issue. I've been really struggling with it. Even though the diet is the main part of this whole process and I'm doing horrible I refuse to give up the 30DS. Yet I'm so quick to want to be discouraged/disappointed in myself for wasting all that hard work with FOOD!!!!!!
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    I did Level 3 day 1 today, and I definitely prefer it to level 2. It was little discouraging when Jillian said that we should be able to see our abs forming, I still have way too much fat on my stomach for abs to be visible :frown:
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did Level 3 day 1 today, and I definitely prefer it to level 2. It was little discouraging when Jillian said that we should be able to see our abs forming, I still have way too much fat on my stomach for abs to be visible :frown:

every time she says "you should be seeing a 6 pack by now" i just start laughing in the middle of exercising :tongue:
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just finished L3 D1, and hated it! I thought I was pretty coordinated and strong, but almost fell down or toppled over with some of thoses moves. Trying to decide which move I hate the most, but I think with time I'll do better. If I weren't a part of this group, I think I'd have a hard time sticking with this, though. Thank you all for motivating me!

I agree! Daily accountability really helps along with hearing other peoples reports for the day. Even if I'm on rest day I check in to see what people say about their check in! lol

Level 3 Day 1--done!

Glad I finally graduated. I took it a little easy today to learn the moves. was disappointed to see that the exercises are still pretty hard on the knees. By the end of level 2 I was substituting jumping jacks for pendulum lunges, so it wasn't great to see jumping lunges.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad level 2 is over...I like level 3 even though there's jumping...I laughed too when jillian said we should be seeing some abs by now...lol my brain couldn't calculate how to do jumping Jack's with weights at first lol I was like what?? And butt kicks with weights I was like..um no...:noway: ..lol Way to Go everyone for making it to level 3!!!:flowerforyou:
  • bpalferys
    Options
    My 30DS journey has come to an end early! I had a couple of days off due to celebrating the end of my exams and I danced so much on Friday night that my legs/feet are now in absolute agony, haha. But I took my last pictures and am chuffed to say that I can definitely see a difference!

Good luck carrying on everyone, I am definitely going to do some more Jillian workouts after I come back from my holiday :)
  • Metallux
    Options
    My 30DS journey has come to an end early! I had a couple of days off due to celebrating the end of my exams and I danced so much on Friday night that my legs/feet are now in absolute agony, haha. But I took my last pictures and am chuffed to say that I can definitely see a difference!

Good luck carrying on everyone, I am definitely going to do some more Jillian workouts after I come back from my holiday :)

congrats,thanks for the encouragement, and have fun on vacation!!
  • Metallux
    Options
    L3D2--done! have to say, they somehow found even worse music for this level :P.

My neck and shoulders have been screaming for the past 5 days, to the point I can't lie down comfortably. I wake up stiff and can't even turn my head. I really need this situation to calm down, so I substituted Natalie level sit ups and crunches whenever a plank or shoulder exercise came up. I think I"ll keep doing this until the muscle soreness subsides :ohwell: