TODAY ~ How's your day going? share, encourage, support, successes, struggles, questions

Options

Replies

• bethlauren8
    bethlauren8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job Lilyandree! Keep up the good work!

Super Bowl noshing put me back a bit, but I was expecting that and fully intend to work to get back to eating right.
  • ColleenZ101
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out :)
    marekdds wrote: »
    Colleen, there is a book "New Rules of Lifting for Life" by Lou Schuler. It is basically for, well, older people. You can pick and choose what you are capable of doing. The easiest exercises assume you have never exercised.

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Lillyann, great poster. Literally looking at my fat pics and how far I have come helps keep ne on track. Super bowl did set me back a it too. Oh well, got move on, no sense dwelling.
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    There is a wonderful website I just discovered that was passed on to the staff by one of our PE teachers. It is neilarey.com, and it has wonderful workouts and tons of information. I have spent all my quiet time at work reading the different pages. I highly recommend checking it out for inspiration.
  • marekdds
    Options
    thanks for sharing, will have to check it out.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thank you, bethlauren8. I will have to do a 30 Day "Build Some Strength" Challenge just to be able to start the 30 Day Strength Challenge!! Maybe 2 reps??? marekdds, is the book you recommended online? I'd like to check it out....especially if it is geared toward those of us who are no longer teenagers.
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    LOL chamblisk, that's funny! Baby steps for us, baby steps. :smiley:
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    It's been kind of quiet on here lately. Hope everyone is well and succeeding on their journeys.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    @bethlauren8, I was doing some stretches after working out this week-end and, for the heck of it, tried to do a sit-up. It worked! I was so surprised! The last time I laid on the floor contemplating how I was going to get up ( a long time ago!), there was absolutely no way I could even attempt to get my shoulders off the floor. Hahaha! I went on to complete 4 more this time. Will have to add to my exercise list. Guess I am "building strength". There is hope!
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Congratulations Chamblisk! That is wonderful. Core strength is so important. My own core strength is the pits, and the 30 day hiit workout I am doing throws some core stuff in there, and I am pathetic, but I figure by the end of the 30 days I will be much less so. Our baby steps really do pay off - way to go!
  • marekdds
    Options
    I am struggling to do anything at all today, unusual for me. So glad you guys are on this.
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good job chamblisk! I know the feeling all to well...I'm on the floor, now how to get up??? Lol. I'm hoping I too can do a sit up or 3. Taking it slow though after back strain.
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    Way to go chamblisk!
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Getting down on the floor and getting back up totally counts for something! That's work!

Don't worry Marekdds, we all have those days. If you can fight through it, even just a little, you will feel better.
  • Kekineo
    Options
    Ok I really need you guys today! I lowered my calories from 1700 to 1450 and stayed under all week. Granted I only exercised 3 days but didn't even lose .1 lbs! I didn't gain but c'mon!!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Kjeinl, Don't freak, you often add water weight when you go back to exercising or have a hard work out It is for muscle repair. I should dissipate in a couple days.
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Don't worry about it kheinl, I have also had weeks where I was "a good girl" and the scale didn't budge. It happens - no worries - but seriously aggravating! You will get back on track, you'll see.
  • Kekineo
    Options
    I know. After reading several posts and articles, I've decided to suck it up and move on. Could be because I lowered calorie intake, could be I lost inches (no way to know, need to buy a tape measure) or some other crazy reason. Bottom line: Keep moving forward!
  • marekdds
    Options
    ^^^ good attitude kheinl, you'll get there.