FOOD ~ Please share your food plan, tips, suggestions

Options
TheJourneybyT
TheJourneybyT Posts: 122 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
What food plan are you using? Sharing suggestions, tips and questions.

Replies

• TheJourneybyT
    Options
    I'm striving to have a calorie range of 1200-1500 a day.
    Also striving for 135-270 carbs a day.
    15-30 carbs for snacks and 30-60 carbs for meals.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I am doing 5:2. 2 days a week I eat up to 500 cals, and eat normally the other 5 days. I try to keep to 1500 calories (TDEE of my goal weight) for my non-fast days during the week, and 1800 calories (TDEE of my current weight) at the weekends. No wine in the week unless we go out to lunch. Not sure what is different about the weekends as I no longer go out to work, but old habits and all that. My "fast" days are usually quite low-carb.
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year and my doctor is trying me on a high protein, low fructose and lactose diet. I am still learning my way around it but am getting the hang of it. I do miss my fruit though!
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    I have 3 relatives with fibromyalgia, can be very painful, pain management, all of them say that what works is so individual. Wishing you all the best!
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Share what food plan you're eating, if you'd like to... I'm a diabetic, during diabetic class we learned to control our carbs to 135-270 per day and the importance to spread them throughout the day to keep blood sugar levels from spiking up or down. Recommended is 15-30 carbs per snack and 30-60 carbs per meal, eat 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks throughout the day. I see a bunch of people on MFP who are limiting carbs to 50 per day and people who are doing low carb diet of less than 20 carbs per day. Please feel free to share any thoughts, suggestions, tips!
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own spaghetti sauce. Big batch and freeze leftovers. Last night I was going to make spaghetti for my husband and myself something else to fit my calories. Then I looked up spaghetti and found it was surprisingly lower than I thought! So I had spaghetti (2 cups!) and a slice of garlic toast. Yum. And believe it or not I was low on carbs for the day! Who knew? Not me. I'm finding a lot of foods aren't as taboo as I thought. Lesson to self: always look it up. You never know
  • Kekineo
    Options
    By the way, I'm impressed with mfp' database. I've found almost everything I look up
  • Kekineo
    Options
    Ok i had to run out to pick up supplies for my hubby and didn't have time for breakfast. Got a banana at the gas station/mini mart. Then had more driving around for him so stopped at ihop. 2 eggs 2 slices bacon fruit cup and 2 slices of toast butter on the side. Still on goal so yeah! Plus lost 2.4 lbs this week so double yeah!
  • bethlauren8
    bethlauren8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats kheinl, great job!
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Hey everybody, Kheinl shared about Walden Farms products at Albertson's - sure enough I just got some.... no calories, no carbs, no fat, no sugar, no sugar alcohol ~ I am THRILLED, I got BBQ Sauce, Thousand Island Dressing, Chocolate Syrup, Caramel Syrup. I saw they had many other products too - waldenfarms.com/
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    They have a huge selection, but have you tasted anything yet? Any good?
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Actually, after looking at the pictures, I believe I used to eat their dressings. But when I tried to do the store locator there were none here - and I have Albertson's here. I may just go look anyway.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    I opened all of them - all taste GREAT. The main ingredient listed first is water. You can google the food labels for any of them to see the ingredients. The BBQ sauce tastes very close to A-1 Steak Sauce. I can't believe how much these are going to help me!!!
  • Kekineo
    Options
    The caramel sauce and ranch are good. Best zero calorie anything I've ever had!
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    Now I'm curious about these items...going to see if they are available in Canada!!!
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Tried the chocolate syrup, alone it's not that appealing but with whip cream it's super.
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Hope I can find them - if not, at least I know I can order them.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    I heard they are at Fred Meyer's too. I had Thousand Island on my spring mix salad, very good (not as good as calorie loaded mayonnaise kind of Thousand Island but very good and I love no calories, no fat, no sugar, no carbs, no sugar alcohol. I can't believe how many products they have (I looked online too at www.waldenfarms.com), I'm going to spend some more time looking through all they have to offer.
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    I checked them out too and it looks like they are available in Canada...just need to find out where and if it's not close I can place an order. Need to spend more time on the site as well to see all they offer.
  • Kekineo
    Options
    A friend of mine was buying it online and paying 9.00 a bottle. Albertsons in California has for 4.89 and Sprouts has for 2.89 on sale. Big difference. Walmart sells it online by the case if you really like it lol