Protein shakes and Diarrhea? Sorry about the topic.

Options
nowucme
nowucme Posts: 88 Member
Wondering if anyone has had a sensitivity to protein drinks. I went to a Vitamin Shoppe last night where they had samples of protein powders, shakes, quest bars and vitamins. Today I have the runs. We are talking 1 ounce or so samples of about 5 protein shakes and protein waters. I will need to check the ingredients on all the sample items and see if I can figure this out if that is what is causing this.

Replies

• ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It's possible that you are sensitive to the formulation, do try a different protein supplement.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    In hind sight I went overboard buying/trying different shakes and protein products. Trying one at a time will help you identify which if any don't agree with you. I quickly settled into a few that I liked. But to answer your question, I have not had a problem with diarrhea from protein supplements.
  • hochhalc
    hochhalc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have had that issue with some shakes. It pays to introduce new foods and brands slowly, even if they are handing out free samples LOL
  • dolphintattoo
    dolphintattoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do them the whole 2 weeks prepping or after, my surgeon had me eating small amounts of plain mashed potato to avoid the runs and ultimately dehydration. All liquid in = all liquid out d