Girl Scout Cookies are Crack

Options
tlspindor
tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
Wells its that time of year Ladies and Gents. I remember on NM one of the big discussions each year that took place at this time is about the dreaded Girl Scout Cookiessss......

Well yesterday something happened that I haven't seen in a very very long time, 2 girl scouts selling cookies door to door. Now I live out in the country and one of the girls I knew, her father was walking with them and they had the cookies in a wagon pulling it down the road going door to door.

Now I know that many NM Peeps find these cookies to be crack and yes they are my crack. >:) I have the darnedest time saying no to those yummy Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies.

I bought 1 box of each this time hoping that I can resist them when I go grocery shopping, because for some reason the girl scouts like to set up at the front entrance at Wal-Mart. So they can either catch you when your going in or coming out.

I don't know abut all of you but I will cherish these cookies bite by bite one at a time. ;)

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Enjoy Tammy! Its been years since a Girl Scout came to the door. They are usually parked in front of the grocery store doors though. We usually just give them the money but dont take the cookies. I do enjoy their lip balms though!

maeglukfx39e.jpg

:D
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I dread that time too, my husband buys a dozen boxes, mostly thin mints and say some coconut caramel stripes. Maybe now that he doesn't eat so much junk he'll avoid them, one can only hope.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky, I never got hooked on that particular "crack". Helps that nobody comes door to door around here, but they are at the entrance of the stores. I walk by smiling, but no purchase.
  • tlspindor
    Options
    I got hooked on them at an early age. I first was a brownie scout and then went into girl scouts at the age of 9. I did go without the cookies for a very long time but they are back in my life.

• anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Those cookies are very good, lol. It's hard to resist them.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    I can pass them up when set up at stores too. If a girl scout asks me personally, I buy one or two. They are good but if use them as my Sunday dessert, I don't eat as many. Of course, sometimes a box never makes it anywhere buy my hands. My niece isn't in now and we're in the country so probably none for this year.
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    OMG--those lip smackers are hilarious! I think the Thin Mints are crack because you open the sleeve and HAVE to eat all of them :)
  • tlspindor
    Options
    I finally was able to concur my addiction to these crack cookies, the last time I bought a box was 3 years ago, I placed them in the freezer and forget about them. Of course the Thin Mints were the first to go and I just opened the last sleeve of Peanut butter sandwich cookies and ate 4 of them then back to the freezer. Where they will stay until who knows when. This last box was bought 3 years ago.

Of course the price of these delicious crack cookies keep going up so it does make it easier to walk on by.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing! Good for you! I bought 1 box this year of the peanut butter cookies. I brought them to work and shared them and when they were gone, they were gone. :)
  • tlspindor
    Options
    Well their at it again, those yummy crack cookies are out, I was coming out of Wal Mart the other day and they were just setting up, I stopped and bought a box of thin mints before they were even completely set up. I asked how much they were selling the cookies for and the little girl said $5 dollars per box. Wow! Her mom told her daughter to tell me what they were raising the money for. The little girl was so shy I could barely hear her, her mommy instructed her to speak up, so the little girl repeated herself and they are trying to raise enough money so that her troop could spend the night at the zoo. I hope they make their goal.

When I was young we raised money to go spend the weekend at the state park which was always fun. Their was this big 1 room building that had a open pit in the middle with a chimney we would build a fire and slept in sleeping bags on the floor, there was a porter potty building out side, so if someone had to go you had to take your partner with you. Those were the good ole days. :)
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen any being sold around here. Enjoy your thin mints. What special memoires.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yep, they should be around here soon too. I'll buy one box of the peanut butter cookies. What are they called doseedos?
  • tlspindor
    Options
    Not sure Isabella, I know they have just a peanut butter sandwich cookie, which I would buy a box of those too, but I stayed away from those this year. The Girls Scouts were set up again Saturday when I came out of Wal Mart, but luckily they were set up on the other side of the entrance area so I was able to look away.