Committing my food to you all

Options
djhnd
djhnd Posts: 89 Member
This is what I will eat tomorrow, god or higher power or whatever you want to call it willing. Hoping to lift myself up.

monday Jan 26 2015: B-1 oz oatmeal, 6 oz baked pear, 2 eggs. Also 6 Tblspns half and half with tea or coffee. L-6 oz bison burger, 6 oz cooked broccoli, 6 oz fuji apple. D-6 oz baked tofu, 8 oz salad, 6 oz cooked beans, 6 oz orange/mandarin.

Please wish me luck, and reach out to me if you'd like support for your plan.

BTW - this diet is the ONLY way I've ever succeeded in long term weight loss. I don't eat sugar, I don't eat flour, I don't eat snacks, and I weigh and measure EVERYTHING. For a food addict like me it seems I need these stringent rules.

Exercise will come later. Have to get food straight first, in my case.

Replies

• cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good way to get accountability!
  • djhnd
    Options
    cal0rina - I hope so!

Made these changes today: added 1 teaspoon of olive oil to cook the eggs, and had baked pear for my fruit / dessert all three meals today, since I baked them last night.

I weighed myself this morning, 175.6. To get close to an ideal weight, I have 20 lbs to lose. another two or three past that is about as low as I've ever gone in my recent adult life.

I did a 45 minute walk today, that's my exercise plan for the foreseeable future. It's on a hill, and once that's easy I could consider something else.
  • djhnd
    Options
    so far so good. Just need to make it till tomorrow morning now and I'll have one day under my belt.

Tues 01/27 food commitment:
    B: 1 oz oatmeal, 2 eggs, 1 Tbspn ground flax, 1 baked pear, 6 tbspns half and half with tea or coffee
    L: 6 oz steamed broccoli, 6 oz bison burger, 6 oz fuji apple
    D: 8 oz salad with 1 tbspn olive oil and 1 tbspn balsamic vinegar, 6 oz cooked green beans, 8 oz baked tofu, 6 oz orange
  • djhnd
    Options
    To anyone who views this or comments, Thank You! (Yes even you're just lurking.) I am grateful for any support and encouragement and happy to give, or be asked for, support and encouragement.

Am 2.5 days into this. So far so good. Tomorrow's food:

B: 1 tspn olive oil, 1 oz oatmeal, 1 Tblspn ground flax, 6 oz fuji apple, 2 eggs, 6 Tblspns half and half in tea or coffee
    L: 6 oz green beans, 6 oz balsamic chicken, 6 oz orange
    D: 6 oz broccoli, 8 oz salad, 1 oz almonds, 1 Tblspn olive oil, 1 Tblspn balsamic vinegar, 6 oz banana.
  • djhnd
    Options
    Was miscounting. If I wake up tomorrow still on the plan, I've got three days under my belt. Did a hill walk today, that felt good.

Thurs 01/29 committed food:
    B-1 tspn olive oil, 2 eggs, 1 oz oatmeal, 6 oz orange, 1 Tblspn ground flax, 6 Tblspns 1/2 and 1/2
    L-6 oz tomatoes and carrots, 6 oz pineapple, 6 oz baked chicken
    D-8 oz salad, 1 Tblspn Olive Oil, 1 Tblspn Balsamic Vinegar, 6 oz cooked green beans, 1 oz almonds, 6 oz banana

To anyone who views this or comments, Thank You! (Yes even you're just lurking.) I am grateful for any support and encouragement and happy to give, or be asked for, support and encouragement.
  • djhnd
    Options
    For Friday 01/30:
    B - 1 tspn olive oil, 2 eggs, 6 Tblspns half and half, 1 oz oatmeal, 6 oz banana, 1 Tbspn ground flax
    L - 6 oz orange, 6 oz chicken, 6 oz carrots and sugar snap peas
    D - 4 oz tempeh, 6 oz carrots and sugar snap peas, 8 oz salad, 1 Tbspns Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar, 6 oz fuji apple

I hope someone is reading this. But so far, knowing someone might, it's helping to keep me on track
  • arosek719
    arosek719 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Way to go! This is bold!
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can certainly relate to the need for being rigid. In my experience it seems that "relax" tends to be a long road that eventually ends up at somewhat out of control.

It's dumb.

I do hope there is more balanced future out there for us both, but for now, bravo for knowing yourself and doing what you need to do.

*highfive*
  • djhnd
    Options
    Thanks and thanks!
  • djhnd
    Options
    One note: sometimes I'll vary slightly from this. Today I had Kiwis instead Orange for fruit at lunch, because when I'd written the notes I'd forgotten we had kiwis in the house. Or I'll use another kind of oil besides olive oil, or tonight I used oil to fry the tempeh, even though that wasn't on my list. Also, I'm not an absolute stickler for 6.0 oz. If it's 6.15 or 6.2, I'll stop measuring and use it. Sometimes my spoon of oil overflows so it might be 1.2 Tblspns of oil instead of 1.0. These things are fine with me - I hope they don't interfere with my weight loss! - but they weren't considered acceptable in the 12 step food addict group that has helped me so much before. But it's a reason I'm here talking to my computer screen, and you I hope, rather than trying the 12 step again. That was just too restrictive and onerous for me personally.

Sat 01/30
    B: 1 oz oatmeal, 1 tspn olive oil, 2 eggs, 1 Tblspn ground flax, 6 oz banana, 6 Tblspns half and half
    L: 6 oz apple, 6 oz leftover protein (chicken and tofu), 6 oz carrots and snap peas
    D: 6 oz celery, 8 oz salad, 1 Tblspn Olive Oil, 1 Tblspn Balsamic Vinegar, 1 oz almonds, 6 oz orange

As always, thanks!
  • djhnd
    Options
    Oh, in case anyone's wondering what the heck this program is:

No flour, no refined sugar, no snacks, 3 meals a day, eat exactly this plan, no "concoctions" - meaning recipes that mix a bunch of things. So it's simple food. I realize this would drive many people batty. It has worked for me, and I like simple food.

So I eat a specific amount, as listed, of fruit / veggie / protein / oatmeal at each meal. The oil and flax and 1/2 and 1/2 is my improvisation, not "part of the program"
  • djhnd
    Options
    Today it's getting harder. The first week is always easiest. After that, cravings and hunger and inertia to just eat any ol' thing start and get harder to ignore and resist. But my plan is to stick to the path.

I substituted 6 oz ground lamb sausage for two eggs this morning, and had left over green beans at dinner and left over broccoli at lunch. Will spell out the general plan in a later post - it's easier if it's known that that's the plan and the details may vary.

02/01
    B: 6 oz lamb sausage, 1 oz oatmeal, 6 Tblspns half and half, 1 Tbspn Ground Flax, 6 oz banana
    L: 3 oz cheese, 6 oz carrot, 6 oz fuji apple
    D: 4 oz fried tempeh, 8 oz salad, 6 oz cooked beets, 1 Tblspn Olive Oil, 1 Tblspn Balsamic Vinegar, 6 oz orange

Thanks!
  • arosek719
    Options
    Keep this up. I'm proud of you! Keep trying what has worked in the past. Never try to change your plan while it feels hard. It is too easy for you to allow yourself a little wiggle room, and wind up with a lot more jiggle. You actually kind of inspired me to log tomorrow in advance so i don't have room to fail.
  • arosek719
    Options
    Keep this up. I'm proud of you! Keep trying what has worked in the past. Never try to change your plan while it feels hard. It is too easy for you to allow yourself a little wiggle room, and wind up with a lot more jiggle. You actually kind of inspired me to log tomorrow in advance so i don't have room to fail.
  • djhnd
    Options
    Thanks, and happy to hear we're helping each other
  • Genette38
    Genette38 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Well done, awesome commitment.
  • djhnd
    Options
    Tomorrow big day - weigh-in. Well can't judge success on just one week. Hopeful. And grateful that it's worked for one week. Assuming I wake up tomorrow having not messed up with food between now and then, seven days under my belt. I feel great, too! Eating less, and eating this way, just suits me.

Mon 02/02
    B: 2 eggs, 1 tbspn olive oil, 1 oz oatmeal, 6 oz banana, 6 Tblspns 1/2 and 1/2, 1 Tblspn Ground Flax
    L: 6 oz leftover protein, 6 oz celery, 6 oz orange
    D: 8 oz salad, 1 Tblspn Olive Oil, 6 oz cooked beets, 1 oz cashews, 1 Tblspn Balsamic Vinegar, 1 Baked Pear
  • djhnd
    Options
    172.6 lbs this AM. 3 lbs, very good. Going forward I hope for half that, weekly.
  • Genette38
    Genette38 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great start! Congratulations!
  • djhnd
    Options
    Thanks!

Tues 02/03 Breakfast - 6 oz baked pear, 1 oz oatmeal, 2 eggs, 1 tspn olive oil, 1 Tablespoon ground flax, 6 Tblspns half and half
    Lunch - 6 oz leftover protein, 6 oz cooked beets, 6 oz fuji apple
    Dinner - 6 oz cooked beets, 8 oz salad, 3 oz cheese, 6 oz orange

Lately my oatmeal is actually 1/2 oatmeal and 1/2 oat bran. It is a pain to measure a half an ounce of two things, but the consistency is so much better, and it's probably a few grams less carbs, a little more fiber

Getting pretty hungry lately - even got a little faint today. Took a nap and some creatine powder and felt better.