Options
saxony55
saxony55 Posts: 12 Member
So is it really bad to do it?

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I believe the main problem discussed in reference to lifting every day is that the body doesn't get time to repair. That's why full body routines always have a day in between each session and routines that do any back to back days will have different body parts being worked on those days because it gives the muscles worked time to repair and adapt to the stress being put on it. One can push but our bodies do have limits. Some rest helps us keep going and makes it so we can push further in the future.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I lift about 5 days a week but I do leg day, chest and shoulders, arms and back etc so I am rotating, mix it up with a cardio warm up and cool down, either rowing, cycling or boxing as my achilles is too dodgy to run
  • coralraelamb
    coralraelamb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It really is necessary to have at least 1-2 days between working muscle groups. Lifting breaks down muscle, rest and fuel (food- carbs and protein) build it back up. I like to do legs/lower body twice a week and upper body/arms and back twice a week. Then once a week I do abs and a lower intensity full body workout. And about 30 mins cardio about 3 times a week.
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I do my heavy compound lifts 5 days a week, and alternate my little support stuff. 1 hour cardio 5 days a week, and 1.5 hours cardio on my off strength days. I also jump on a trampoline in the evenings. I've found it helps me power out of the bottom of my squats tremendously, and its just plain fun. :smiley:
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Cant wait til I am light enough to trampoline
  • summercollison
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. If your goal is to lose body fat and gain muscle, then do strength training workouts 5 or 6 times a week. Make sure to give your body ample time to recover, or eat the right food or take safe and effective supplements such as protein shakes or BCAs to help with a speedy overnight recovery. The workouts don't gave to be super lengthy either - cardio or strength - they just have to be effective. There's no need to be exercising for more than an hour and a half, that could be more hurtful than helpful in the long run.

Remember, even God rested on the 7th day. ;)