Made a mistake

Options
Had a crappy day yesterday and met up with some friends for happy hour. Had my usual vodka and soda water so I was good there. Everyone ordered appetizers at the table except for me. Soon I was surrounded by carby goodness. I tried to resist but soon gave into temptation. As soon as the first bite entered in I went into some sort of carb craze and ate way too much. I am mentally beating myself up today and the constant trips to the bathroom are not helping. Sucks to have fallen off in a moment of weakness. Now I feel like I am starting over. Oh well, here to making better decisions in the future.

Has anyone went through the same?

Replies

• sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Had a crappy day yesterday and met up with some friends for happy hour. Had my usual vodka and soda water so I was good there. Everyone ordered appetizers at the table except for me. Soon I was surrounded by carby goodness. I tried to resist but soon gave into temptation. As soon as the first bite entered in I went into some sort of carb craze and ate way too much. I am mentally beating myself up today and the constant trips to the bathroom are not helping. Sucks to have fallen off in a moment of weakness. Now I feel like I am starting over. Oh well, here to making better decisions in the future.

We all have, or will at some point. Put it behind you and carry on! Next time, have a good talking to yourself as you are heading to happy hour and decide what you will and won't do and stick to it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I eat ahead of time and plan exactly what drinks I'm having.
    I've also had an unintentional cheat day due to a snowballing bad decision. Just hop back on the wagon. It will all be like normal in a few days.
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Try and not cheat for the first 6 weeks or so. I know it's hard but you really want to stay strict until you're keto adapted. Next time order some chicken wings (make sure they aren't breaded!) to eat so you aren't as tempted by the carb food.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    We all make mistakes, leave them in the dust and move on. I used to work in a restaurant and I would "cheat" weekly and try to justify it to myself. Been there, done that, moved on. You've got this!
  • SiouxFallsMan
    SiouxFallsMan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! It's a process that's for sure!
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sucks to have fallen off in a moment of weakness. Now I feel like I am starting over. Oh well, here to making better decisions in the future.

Been there, done that, own the t-shirt(s). ;-) I've learned there are only two things that are important after an episode like this:
    • What did I learn?
    • What's my plan to avoid this happening next time?
    Well, those two things and making sure to get right back on track immediately after the fact. ;-)
  • BobTheSCV
    BobTheSCV Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the wagon as soon as possible, and don't dwell on it.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Stumbling doesn't matter, unless you do it a lot :P
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Been there too. It's a learning process, not only on how we fuel our bodies, but also how to socialize around food and booze. That's the biggest issue for me. When I attend a social function, I have to be very careful with my drinking, as it will snowball into bad food choices.

Don't beat yourself up. You are obviously very cognizant of the mistake and thinking of how not to do it again. I agree with ordering a low carb app, wings are always good, shrimp cocktail, tacos (don't eat the shells/wraps), salad, antipasto, olives...give yourself something to nibble next time.
  • sdefranc
    sdefranc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No such thing as mistakes, just learning experiences