Low carb lunch ideas please!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I'm growing tired of turkey burgers and chicken with salads!

Thanks!

Replies

• volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I always make a little bit extra at supper and bring them as leftovers for lunch the next day. Then all I have to plan are breakfasts and suppers.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I eat half an avocado. Steamed spinach with some coconut oil or a pat of butter. I also eat leftovers that are low carb. Roasted cauliflower, chicken. Cheese sticks are easy too. Can of tuna.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    How about egg salad sans bread or hard boiled eggs?
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Bacon and egg cups!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Tuna nicoise salad with no potato, plenty of olives and maybe avocado, plenty of olive oil. Or green salad with tinned mackerel. Sometimes I just have a packet of raw macadamia nuts.
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had a tough time too. Someone recommended Pinterest. SO MANY IDEAS! I would highly recommend checking it out.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    I'm growing tired of turkey burgers and chicken with salads!

Thanks!

So eat more fat. Sounds like you're trying to keep your fat down, too, given your choice of turkey and chicken (both notoriously "low fat" meats). Once you stop trying to limit yourself to...well...just protein, it gets so much less boring (and a lot more nutritious, as you need fat to absorb the nutrients in the protein and vegetables).

And you can eat whatever you want. Leftovers are a common go-to, or you can eat whatever you feel like.

For example, I had tuna salad with homemade mayo, and some mozzarella cheese and cashews. Sometimes, I'll just have a smoothie with cream, some other liquid (often almond milk, but I've been known to use kombucha and other things), some nut butter, greens if I have them, cocoa, etc. Filling and satisfies a sweet/dessert/milkshake craving.
  • barongaston
    Options
    I have been Atkins meal bars, which ties me over pretty well. I snack on a spork of natural no stir peanut butter that 4G of carbs 3 Net (-1 fiber)
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do you have a microwave available? Dinner leftovers are my favorite lunch, toughest part for me is remembering to bring it. LOL I find it kinda cozy and nurturing having a warm meal in the middle of the day, especially if it's from a dinner I enjoyed.
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like to melt a Laughing Cow cheese wedge over poached chicken and then top with hot sauce. If I have it together, I make fajita chicken in the crockpot on the weekend and take some each day for lunch, topped with cheese and sour cream. Sometimes on lettuce if I'm doing veggies with lunch.
  • aggie2145
    aggie2145 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love all of Caveman Keto's lunch ideas, but at the moment, I'm really enjoying his Cheesy Chicken Casserole here.
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The sky's the limit I guess but I keep it simple. A couple oz summer sausage or pepperoni, an oz of cheese or cream cheese and an oz of roasted salted almonds. That's just about every day for me unless I have leftovers that need eaten or I'm home to cook.
  • christiec2015
    Options
    Sometimes I'lI have an omelette with a splash of double cream and fried with a knob of butter. I may also add a sprinkle of dried parsley just to look posh :)
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A slice of homemade keto pizza or some salmon, avocado and prawn rolls.....totally yummy !
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been really into Tuna Salad over Romaine with some crumbled Beanito chips to give it a little crunch. I found them in the gluten free aisle so good!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I made a batch of these for my husband's work lunches http://cavemanketo.com/keto-breakfast-muffins/ He just takes what he wants from the freezer and they're defrosted by the time he wants to eat them.
  • DissLocated
    DissLocated Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered these 'wraps', really tasty and work well in a lunch box. https://lowcarbnotnocarb.wordpress.com/2010/07/05/low-carb-lunchbox-its-the-ham-and-cheese-roll/