Primal/Paleo Reset for 2015 Group created

Options
SteamClutch
SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
Okay the new group is up and for some reason I cannot add co-leaders. Last year I was playing with setting one up and there were at least 2 slots for co-leaders but not anymore. Anyway you can join up here. I will continue on with this group for a week or so if anyone comes along I will point them in the right direction.

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know there is a way because the Low Carb Group just went through a big change not long ago and added leaders.
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    Thanks, I'll contact the admin and see how to do it.
  • lujo321
    lujo321 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am down for another re-start group. January was a total bomb for me. I think I over-committed and just could not decide what to do and so ended up doing almost nothing. I have been trying to eat mostly primally but my bad choices seem to outnumber the good these days. First I was going to do another whole 30, then a primal blueprint 21 day challenge, then a friend asked me to do a 14 week whole foods mini-pledge with her, then I half-heartedly joined this January reset group. You see where I went wrong right? I couldn't decide what to do so ended up completely overwhelmed. February is right around the corner and I really need the support and accountability. I am dropping everything else to focus on this. I will be following more of the primal blueprint with occasional dark chocolate and wine but no grains, no cows milk or cheese, and no legumes. Oh and no refined sugars. I am starting on 2/2/15.
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I joined up
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks SteamClutch!!
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    Okay, we now have more leaders than followers (Just kidding), I apparently can add all the leaders I want so we are set up to go over there. I will also post in the main Paleo forum about the group in the next day or two because people will ask as we get closer to February if a group is going.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'll be an Indian, not a Chief! Thank you all for stepping up!
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    lujo321 wrote: »
    I am down for another re-start group. January was a total bomb for me. I think I over-committed and just could not decide what to do and so ended up doing almost nothing. I have been trying to eat mostly primally but my bad choices seem to outnumber the good these days. First I was going to do another whole 30, then a primal blueprint 21 day challenge, then a friend asked me to do a 14 week whole foods mini-pledge with her, then I half-heartedly joined this January reset group. You see where I went wrong right? I couldn't decide what to do so ended up completely overwhelmed. February is right around the corner and I really need the support and accountability. I am dropping everything else to focus on this. I will be following more of the primal blueprint with occasional dark chocolate and wine but no grains, no cows milk or cheese, and no legumes. Oh and no refined sugars. I am starting on 2/2/15.

Yeah, January was pretty much a bust for me as well, in terms of being a reset from the holidays. It's good to have a plan. I'm back on primal. I'm fine for the first half of the day, but tend to stray in the afternoon-evening. I've been thinking about why, and it occurs to me that in past months when I didn't struggle, I ate pretty low carb for the first 75% of the day, and took in the bulk of my carbs in my last meal of the day, adding in a sweet potato at dinner, for example, or a dessert of berries and cream, if I was below 800 calories for the day. I think maybe I've been shooting myself in the foot by adding sweet potato to my breakfast stir-fry. I'm going to return to that confining-carbs-to-evening approach and see if it helps me resist temptation later in the day.

I found that when I was eating 80/20 primal (aiming at 100% but not beating myself up for imperfection), I lost weight at a steady rate, even with occasional dark chocolate. However, a glass of wine would set me back -- no weight loss for that week. I don't know why one glass of wine would have so much effect, and last a week! ...but it did. So if you're doing this to lose weight, you might consider that. Of course, we all react differently to different things, so you might be able to manage just fine.
  • mmnormand
    mmnormand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Red wine makes me do bad things :\ It triggers cravings for non-primal foods and makes it hard to stay on track. I'm going to finish the bottle I've opened then stay away for awhile. Looking forward to the February challenge.