cpanus
cpanus Posts: 19,444 Member
June 2nd -- June 8th

Stretch or Yoga, 30 minutes on June 7th

Rest on June 8th

Second Challenge
(Start June 3rd)
Punches with exaggerated twist to warm up 45 seconds:
Lunges: Do 12 lunges on each leg, repeat X 1 (add weights, a bar or dumbbells are fine)
Planks: Do each of the following for 50 seconds
Side Plank, Center Plank, Side Plank, then 13 sit-ups (do bicycles if more is needed for sit-ups)
Repeat the Planks and Sit-ups one more time
Rows & Curls, do 1 set of 10 for each exercise, repeat X 1
Arnold Presses, do two sets of 10, rest 30 seconds between sets
Flys & Kickbacks, do 1 set of 10 for each exercise, repeat X 1

Mason (Russian) Twists For 50 seconds, feet should remain off the ground during the entire time
Lunges 12 lunges on each leg, repeat, (add weights, a weighted bar or dumbbells are fine)
Do each of the following for 50 seconds, SIDE PLANK, CENTER PLANK, SIDE PLANK
Bicycles for 30 seconds REPEAT
Bent Over Rows & Seated concentration curls. Do 1 set of 10 reps for each exercise, repeat X 1
Arnold Presses, do two sets of 10, rest 30 seconds between sets
Flys (use dumbbells) & Simmons Presses. Simmons Presses are like skull crushers. Only using hand weights, palms facing inwards and go down to your ears. Do 1 set of 10 reps for each exercise, repeat X 1

First Challenge
(Start June 2nd)
65 Jumping Jacks
50 Squats
15 Burpees
20 Pushups
50 Mtn. Climbers

Repeat One Time

Alternate these two Challenges for five days. On day six do either a 30 minute stretch or 20-30 minutes of yoga.
Then "Rest" on day 7. Walking is OK for day 7. But all bodies need a day of rest to adequately prepare for the next week.

Replies

• cpanus
    Options
    I managed a 50, 30, 5, 10, 40 X2 workout. The second set of pushups reminded me I'm not there yet. But it felt pretty good to get this done!! I also got Slim in 6, Body Revolution, a number of other small challenges and 2.27 miles w/Bean done today!!

I totally blew my eating Friday and Saturday!! Overboard in every way. Got a grip on it today, but I haven't done that in a long time. Don't know what the problem was, and I hope the damage isn't horrible...not looking forward to tomorrow morning.

Well, must see to packing things for tomorrow. Three days off is pretty nice!

Hope you are having fun!!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    I did our newest challenge but only did straight-arm planks. I'm not ready for side planks yet. I used my 4 pound weights and didn't have any problem. I did Slim in 6, the cardio DVD of Body Revolution and rode the recumbent for 45 minutes watching JUSTIFIED! It was a good day. I didn't walk today. It was really hot when I got home and by the time I was finished with my workouts the sun was going down fast. Maybe tomorrow.

I hope your vacation is going well and that you are having fun!

TTYL

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    I'm posting this on all my challenges!

I drive to and from work in heavy commute traffic five days a week. I've done it for 11 years. Some days really suck. Today, I hear a horrific sound coming from outside. I was sure it was the hot rod in the lane to my right. I lowered my passenger window. No...the sound was behind me...I look around...everything seems normal. I don't see anything that would make that kind of noise. Then I look down at my dash and my "low tire" light is flashing red at me! I have to get over...I have to get to the shoulder...the noise is so loud! The hot rod lets me in with a nod from the driver...the far right lane is a merge lane and then the shoulder...there's a big fat truck in my way! omg! the only time I can't speed up to over-take and jump in front of a lumbering semi has to be now!! The seconds it takes the truck to pull ahead of me are each a lifetime. Suddenly, the horrific sound stops, but things are not right...the automobile gods are laughing their *kitten* off because they know two things about me...one - I know where to put the key to start the car...and two -- I know how to put gas in the tank to keep the car running. That's it..One --Two. I make it to the shoulder and shut off the car. I am fairly safe. There are a lot of cars, but they are going slow, trying to merge. I have room, but I climb over to the passenger side anyway. I push the door open and the fierce wind pushes it shut. I try again, this time holding it open until I climb out and then let it go...nothing...it stays open. I can hear the laughter...I push it shut then walk to the front of the car...everything is fine. I walk to the back of the car...passenger side is fine, the driver's side rear tire is flat as flat can be. I climb back in the passenger seat and call my SO...I tell him what and where. He is only blocks from home...I am a very long way from home. "Call the auto club," he instructs, and tells me he's on his way. I don't know if I need him there or not, but feel better knowing he is on his way to rescue me. (The last time they left me alone in charge of car repair, the mechanics had convinced me I needed a new engine.) The auto club arrives in record time, changes my tire -- the whole time with his back to traffic and all the dangers that holds -- tells me he likes the color of my hoody, puts the dead tire in the tire hold in the trunk and climbs back in his truck to leave just as my SO pulls up. My SO follows me to the tire shop and stays until my new tire is mounted and I am ready to leave.

I am exhausted and needless to say...I did NOTHING in the way of exercising, challenges, walking or biking. I am off half of tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and all of next week. I plan to make up today before the end of this week.

I hope you avoid all the bolts in the roadway and have a great Wednesday!
  • cpanus
    Options
    I did our new workout with 4 pounders, Slim in 6, JM's Body Revolution Phase 1, and other challenges for 120 minutes! No walking or bike today. We are puppy sitting for a few days so I'll get my walking in for sure! It was a good day.
  • cpanus
    Options
    I wasn't going to take today off because of Tuesday, but life got in the way! I had a doctor's appointment this morning then went shopping for my two soups for this week. I got home and realized I had forgotten the two onions I needed for the Moroccan stew. I put the other chili together and realized at the end that I'd made a terrible mistake...I used chili pepper instead of chili powder...I let it simmer for the 45 minutes while I went for the onions. About an hour later I served up a bowl of the chili with a tablespoon of NF yogurt and a bit of shredded cheese...MAN! was that ever spicy hot! One bite and the heat stayed with me for a good 30 minutes. My SO couldn't even eat it!! I had to dump it...go to the store...get the stuff all over again...and put it together with chili powder this time!! It turned out really good the second time around! A keeper! I'm glad I had all day to do it because I couldn't have managed it in the time I have after work.

It was a pretty good first day of vacation!! I laughed a lot! Wonder if that counts as an ab exercise?
  • cpanus
    Options
    Today was pretty great! Bean and I did 2 miles then I dropped him off at home and went on for another 2 miles...in 57 minutes. Then I did our burpee challenge and a bunch of other challenges and Slim in 6 and Body Revolution in 130 minutes. Now I'm done for the day! I doubled up on a couple of challenges because I didn't' workout yesterday.

I'm starting slow with the weights, working back up to my 8s. The muscle didn't bother me at all today, but I'm not going to push it. Started doing Back and Arm exercises with weights and the barbell. Something different! The video shows pull downs with a piece of gym equipment, so I just took my stretch cord out to the garage and wrapped it around the top bar of the piece we have out there and I did my pull downs!! It's pretty cool!

I hope you are having a blast on your vacation.

TTYS
    Chris
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your journey! I'm not keeping up as well with the challenge as I'd hope, but having to simplify to keep up with the summer schedule and a house full of kids needing to go here and there. Great job! Hilarious tire story! I can't believe you all can do this challenge and other videos. Sounds like a ton in one day to me! Wow.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Hi Joan! The only reason I can get everything done is we don't have kids at home anymore. It's just me and my SO. We exercise at the same time in different rooms, so it works out perfectly.

I got our new challenge done, Slim in 6 week two...OUCH!! and a few other challenges. Slim in 6 is a 55 minute workout, so I didn't do JM's Body Revolution. I may have to put that off until the Slim in 6 is over. Plus I walked this morning for 3.68 miles in 55 mins. Half with Bean and half by myself because it was too dang hot for him and then it got too dang hot for me! I couldn't hit a 15 minute mile, and I couldn't go more than 55 minutes. My SO said it was 101 today!

All in all it was a terrific Saturday! Hope everyone is doing great!

Chris