ThinnerHill
ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
ok so I just want to say this
I LOVE MY BULLET PROOF COFFEE

Replies

• shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me too. I do half the oil and butter so I can have TWO cups for same macros.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    ME three! It was the thing which got me on the LCHF woe.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    ok so I just want to say this
    I LOVE MY BULLET PROOF COFFEE

9pzmhjwotssw.png Best thing I've done this go-round is getting back to BPC on a daily basis. I find myself getting sad when I get down to the dregs in the bottom of my mug. **sigh**

At least there's always more tomorrow where that came from...
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH!!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Two days ago I would have called you all nuts, but yesterday I tried bpc. Oh my this is heaven in a cup.
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    love it! i put a bit less butter n oil in so i can have extra and i do cheat and pop a tiny drop of bonsoy in
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking mine now!! ... I definitely miss it when I have to skip a day for some reason. LOVE it :smiley:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Sipping it now. Sooooo happy. :heart_eyes:
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I do like BPC but I do IF with my feeding window opening at 1p, so my breakfast coffee stays black. On the days where I hit up the afternoon java, that creamy ghee/coconut oil goodness can definitely hit the spot!

Has anyone found a way to make it cold?
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Kirkor, I would think you could make some cold brewed coffee (this is easy to make and you can make a week's worth at once, but must be done over night) so that its delicious and not bitter and then mix it with ice, oil and butter in a blender and I bet it would be like a BPC frappachino.

I am sadly getting a little tired of my BPC after a year. I'm not very good with eating the same thing every day, so while I love that it lets me skip breakfast, I am starting to find it more perfunctory than desired. I just ordered some vanilla bean powder, so I'm hoping that will spice up the taste to make it "new" to me as I prefer it to a traditional breakfast.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    I do like BPC but I do IF with my feeding window opening at 1p, so my breakfast coffee stays black. On the days where I hit up the afternoon java, that creamy ghee/coconut oil goodness can definitely hit the spot!

maybe a little less traditional, but if you don't do the butter/ghee, and use MCT oil instead of the CO and add some HWC (depending on preference)? I have MCT at home. I'll try to remember to give it a shot this weekend.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I made an iced americano version this morning instant espresso, just enough hot water to blend the powder, coconut oil mixed with that, ice and cold water to fill cup, hwc on top. Sinks to the bottom and looks lava lampish as a bonus before it mixes in.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    kirkor wrote: »

maybe a little less traditional, but if you don't do the butter/ghee, and use MCT oil instead of the CO and add some HWC (depending on preference)? I have MCT at home. I'll try to remember to give it a shot this weekend.

I do hwc and coconut oil, but in hot coffee. I've tried it cold and it's a weird texture.

• Lil14U
    Lil14U Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Still learning the abbriviations, what is hwc? Ta
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Lil14U wrote: »

Heavy whipping cream

• oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Really is tasty, I've even convinced other (non-keto) coworkers.

MCT Oil: When I was traveling for work, I packed some with me. Added it and HWC to my AM coffee in an insulated container (covered tightly!) and shook the daylights outta it to get my BPC on the road. Not as creamy delish as butter and coconut oil, but still good.

Another variation: I beat in a tbsp of unsweetened cocoa for a mocha BPC. :smile:
  • Lil14U
    Lil14U Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lil14U wrote: »

Heavy whipping cream

Thanks,
    We call it double cream here in O's (Australia)
  • melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I use butter, co, hwc, vanilla, cocoa powder, a couple drops of EZ sweetz and a pinch of xantham gum. Sometimes I'll also add 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder. So creamy...Mine ends up around 16 oz. with about 2 carbs, but totally worth it.
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    It's my obsession!
  • kerrihwilson
    kerrihwilson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just made a Mexican mocha version of bpc ... However I'm not entirely cure of how to incorporate this into my way of eating. Do you replace breakfast ( eggs and bacon) with bpc?