StrongLifts Questions

Options
13»

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    The nipple guideline is typically for men who have lower nipples. Anywhere between your nipples and the bottom of your sternum is fine depending on arch/anthropometry. I aim for just above my underwire, but I have a significant arch.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    @mirrim52‌ I have that problem, too :wink:

@‌Fittreelol thanks for clarifying. I can generally line up with the men on bench but row may be a bit lower. I was trying to copy the ROM at my desk at work but almost had an awkward encounter with some coworkers.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    For row, I aim for my bra band, not the nipples.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i haven't got my copy of The Book yet, but afaik from everything else that i've read about benching, the important thing is not to get your elbows so high you're compromising your shoulder joints as you lift. you should be able to get the information that matters most from any reputable source, i would think.

boobs are irrelevant. mind you, i say that as someone who doesn't really have them in the weight-lifting-impediment sense.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    ^^Yes. Plus, you don't want to sacrifice your face to save your boobs. Or maybe you do, not judging.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like I get ripped off having a small chest. I will have to start padding my bra so that I don't have to bring the bar as far. ;)

You and me both @mirrim :p
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I can't really answer about the breathing, but you are supposed to do all 5 sets of 5 reps of squats, then go and do 5x5 of bench, and then 5x5 row. You can do them in a different order, for example, bench, then row, then squats, but 5 sets of 5 of one exercise before you go to the next exercise.

TY for posting that. I am going to start 5x5 in a week or so. I am intimidated by my own lack of knowledge.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options
    i haven't got my copy of The Book yet, but afaik from everything else that i've read about benching, the important thing is not to get your elbows so high you're compromising your shoulder joints as you lift. you should be able to get the information that matters most from any reputable source, i would think.

boobs are irrelevant. mind you, i say that as someone who doesn't really have them in the weight-lifting-impediment sense.

I find mine really get in the way for rows. I basically just lift until I hit boob. Bench is ok, I just aim the bar under them. But when I'm leaning forward for rows... well... even the best sports bra doesn't stop those F's from hangin' low hahahah.