Day 29

Options
lovelyrose11
lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
My cravings for the most part went away after first week. But now with the kids being sick and have 3 sleepless nights in a row, the cravings our returning. Yesterday I wanted a cookie so bad!! I didn't cave though. I just need sleep!

Replies

• emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Maybe have some fruit lovely, I've been eating berries and although I went over 50 on carbs yesterday (8oz blueberries~ a lot!!) It's completely been a game changer. I feel great, my scale this morning said 138.4! I go by my afternoon weight, but I'd be lying if I said that didn't feel good to see. Blueberries and blackberries stain your teeth and my husband was a bit freaked by my purple teeth and lips but hey, he was cheering me on this morning. Good job not caving to cookies!!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Congrats Emily!!!! That is fantastic. I did end up having some fruit today and it really helped.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :)
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny how lack of sleep, or mild dehydration, can make you want food? I remember from Weight Watchers, years back, the advice that when you feel like eating but you know you shouldn't need to eat, what your body might *really* be saying is, "I need a glass of water!" or "I need a nap! Please!"

Yes, Weight Watchers' eating plan didn't work for me, but they had some good advice mixed in.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When I'm tired or/and stressed it's almost game off for me, it's amazing how much my hunger/cravings are tired to my entire well being. No wonder depression/anxiety = massive weight gain!
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    When I'm tired or/and stressed it's almost game off for me, it's amazing how much my hunger/cravings are tired to my entire well being. No wonder depression/anxiety = massive weight gain!

So, true, but I'm considering what the guy in Fat Head said (watched it last night) about a connection between fat intake and mood. Low fat eating is associated with depression, according to him. So I think maybe I need to make some low-carb, high fat, good-tasting fat bombs that I can turn to when the stress hits.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Do you have any suggestions for those "fat bombs"?
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    lowcarbhighfatrecipes.com/top-10-recipes-for-coconut-oil-fat-bombs/
    here are some...I have not tried them. I just focus on eating higher fat meals in general, and don't need these. If I do I eat some nut butters.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

When I am tired and stressed I crave nothing but carbs and junk! Which makes it worse, and then I am more tired and my body is stressed by the junk! Even when I am sick I crave things that will make me sicker! It makes no sense it is what it is. To deal with it, be prepared with fluids, and good snacks or extra meals. Better than junk!