Friend request - LCHF people who log and share diary? Need help with less protein meals.

Options
RenaTX
RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for meal ideas which are LCHF or at least LC but not high in protein. I have an Accu-Measure in my Amazon cart to measure my body fat to determine my protein needs but until I can order it to do this I'm trying to watch my protein intake.

Currently I *think* I'm getting too much.

So I'm looking to trying to friend some of you lovely people who are eating the same way I am, logging and has an open dairy so I can stalk you and see what you eat. Okay I made that sound way creepy....
Hmmm... What I mean is I want to check out your dairies for inspiration.

Thank You!! :)

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat and I log everything. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • RenaTX
    Options
    tiarew wrote: »
    I'm low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat and I log everything. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

Of course! Thank You so much!
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Added you. Had a quick look at your diary, your protein intake looks fine, wouldn't say it was too much at all :-)
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I miss my protein macro almost daily lol.
  • fancyroberts
    fancyroberts Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I need the same help!! Add me or if anyothers would care to add me...much appreciated!
  • RenaTX
    Options
    Added you. Had a quick look at your diary, your protein intake looks fine, wouldn't say it was too much at all :-)

Thank You so very much!
  • northcoastbeauty
    northcoastbeauty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am looking for low carb friends. My nutritionist wants me to eat 93 - 113 g protein a day. What would be too much protein?
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I think the standard recommendation on protein is .6 to 1 gram for each lb of Lean Body Mass. So if you are 200lbs, but believe (or know) that your ideal weight is 140 and your body fat should be 25%, then you would want to believe that your LBM is 105 lbs and aim for somewhere between 63 and 105 grams of protein per day...

Does that make sense?

Here are a couple of calculators:

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/lbm-calculator.html

http://www.calculator.net/lean-body-mass-calculator.html

Depending on how active you are, you do want to keep an eye on your protein levels. My rule of thumb of what I pay attention to is:

Carbs
    Calories
    Fat
    Protein

I often fall short on my fat goals and over on my protein. But I don't worry about it too much right now. As long as I keep my carbs low, my calories close to my reduced goals AND I feel good...eh.

Feel free to add me and creep in my diary anytime.
  • alisonclarec
    alisonclarec Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Not greatest at meal planning, sometimes random food uk mixtures but I'.d like new ideas too.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I don't meet protein goal without protein shakes. Be warned I'm likely to stalk you too. >:)
  • RenaTX
    Options
    Great Thank You all!
  • RenaTX
    Options
    You can add me, I don't meet protein goal without protein shakes. Be warned I'm likely to stalk you too. >:)

LOL I'm cool with that. Will keep me honest. :)
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm on keto so my macros are 5% carb, 20% protein and 75% fat. I log and pretty much always hit my macros, sometimes over on fat, sometimes slightly over on protein, but pretty close usually. I'll request you.
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Anyone, feel free to add me and/or peek my diary, it's open; I log every day. I cook a lot of my meals, especially batches of soup, proteins, "hardy" veggies (ex mashed cauliflower or collard greens) to reheat during the week.

Most days I'm slightly under on my protein macro, but there's days I want the whole hunk of (insert critter here - usually steak, ribs, short ribs) and then I'm over and don't sweat it. :)

• Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You can check my food out. I tend to eat the same thing Monday-Friday as I prepare breakfast and lunch for the week on Sunday. Otherwise, I range from snacking on things like peanut butter to eating "actual food". Friend me if you like! I'm always looking for more support and motivation!