Day 30 : )

Options
emma7437
emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
We made it!!!! It is only the start of the day for me and my cheat is actually tonight.

But in 30 days I have lost 5 kgs (11 pounds) and cm everywhere - chest, waist, thigh and arm - so pretty happy.
-
More importantly, I am feeling good and happy to keep eating this way.

Thank you to everyone in this group, it really does make a difference checking in here every day. I have joined the next group and am keen to continue.

Hope to see lots of you there!!!

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wooo Hooo!! They day is just starting for me. We are having a big celebration at work today. But I plan to stay focused and finish this strong! I have lost 13 pounds and a few inches from waist, hips, arms, thighs, and even half an inch off my neck! I am so happy with my results. Can't wait to see y'all in the Feb and beyond group.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    well done lovelyrose, hope your day goes well.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for everybody completing their January goals! I know I feel like a new person compared to 35 days ago. Hugs and hope to see you all at the new group. <3
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Congrats, everybody! I am about where I started the month, due to lots of stress, but at least I didn't *gain* 10 lbs. Am back at taking care of myself again. The foods I ate when I was stressed out didn't even taste that good, so I'm less tempted to keep on eating them.

What I really need to do is make up some good "fat pills" for when the stress hits hard -- you know, treats like the ones made with coconut oil and cocoa powder, that satisfy without doing a lot of damage. Got any favorite recipes?
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I love hearing about all your success, even not gaining weight is successful (or would be for me!)!

I really feel like i broke some bad habits, like wine at night, and eating junk b/c it's in front of me. I slipped a few times and need to tighten up but I know I CAN now, and that I feel better so onward!
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been doing well at eating really close to Paleo... I eat too many potato chips, and I've slipped up at a business dinner and had some chocolate, but other than that, I've done really well.

I'm down about 12 pounds, and I've dropped 2 jean sizes. Plus I think I might be able to see my lats, but I'm not quite sure.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing! I can't wait to see what we accomplish next month.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree Amazing it was a bit of a challenge but not as hard as the first time and I do not feel like I missed things too much with the exception of real coffee and chocolate.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! I haven't weighed in yet, I do that Sun-Mon. I don't think I have lost much, but I re-gained self control over junk food, and learned that dairy was not in fact the culprit in a rash I have this time. Cheat day tomorrow, then right back on track Paleo/Primal for February!
  • Slaphapy74
    Options
    Down 14 pounds this month. Today I had crap for breakfast and actually wish I had not eaten it. After the headaches in the first week went away I was feeling great. If the weather would cooperate and stop raining long enough for me to get a walk in I would be more happy. Looking forward to continuing this way of eating for the next month and for the first time in a while I'm actually looking forward to my yearly physical checkup. Thank you for the support.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good job & best wishes in the next 30 days!
    I finished up with a 6 pound loss. It isn't much & no one will notice but me but I feel so much better already. If I stay home for super bowl I will start my next 30 Feb 1st if not it will be Feb 2nd.
  • mmnormand
    mmnormand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I joined little late so I'm really only on day 21, but I'm down about 5 or 6 pounds. I want to do this again, for a full month and see what happens. I don't have that much to lose so I'm more interested in developing a lifestyle.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am a tad confused about my weight lost, honestly I know I lost more than one pound which was my weight 6 months ago so I must have gained in the past 6 months but the cloths felt the same to me for the last 6 months too, now they are falling off. Happy to be where I was and going to stay very close to compliant next month too.
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I stayed on track and lost 10 lbs. But overall I feel amazing and my energy level is awesome. My pants are falling down so I need a new belt. My workouts are going good and might even try a Yoga class on Monday. Not sure about that yet.

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Good job & best wishes in the next 30 days!
    I finished up with a 6 pound loss. It isn't much & no one will notice but me but I feel so much better already. If I stay home for super bowl I will start my next 30 Feb 1st if not it will be Feb 2nd.

Yeah, we're invited to a Super Bowl party as well. I don't know what kind of food will be there, or what I'm bringing (have been without a car since Wednesday when dh and one of our teens took off for a debate tournament, so the fridge is looking barer than usual for a Saturday).

So I'm not going to stress. I'm going to bring sweet potato chips fried in palm oil, and homemade onion dip, and I might drink a glass of wine, but will be starting the challenge for certain on Monday.