HELP. Scale god unleased

Options
Ok. I know, I know, I know, I know.
Don't rely on the scale but I want to so believe this is the right way to eat and yet , here I am 2 weeks into it, definitely in ketosis , drinking water, beginning to tighten up the cals, exercising and up 2 lbs from starting point. I simply am so discouraged. Yes I feel better, Yes, I have more energy, Yes, I sleep better have no more aches and pains but WTF is the matter with this picture? I won't give in. Any thoughts?

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Can you open your food diary so we can see what you've been eating? Also, what kind of exercise?
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Is it perhaps water weight? You gain some when you start really hydrating, until your body realizes it will always have enough water.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Extra sodium in the bullion used for a cabbage/sausage soup. Otherwise, I try to restrict salt. I know the diet. I have been doing it for generations. I lift weights, do the eliptical machine, walk a mile each day with the dogs. I am quite active with my work.

I am in moderate ketosis consistently , deep if dehydrated.
    I sometimes cannot eat the 1500 calories. I am trying to increase my fat but it is hard.
    Typical day
    3 slices of no nitrite bacon. 1-3 eggs.

Turkey or egg salad with mayo and with lettuce. or a lettuce/tomato/avacado and sliced chicken salad with oil and vinegar or Maries lite blue cheese.

Pork rinds / tea with cream and Truvia /string cheese for snack or ham slice with cream cheese.

natural ground beef patty. cheese salad greens with dressing . By dinner, I am not terribly hungry

glass of wine
    I feel good. I don't ache. I have energy. Maybe that is enough.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I know the diet. I have been doing it for generations.

If thats the case, then you probably didn't have a lot of water / glycogen stores to dump when you started, and I'll guess that you also probably know that your body may need more than 2 weeks of an adjustment period. maybe dump the wine for a little while? your body will not metabolize fat while there is alcohol in your system, and since its a toxin, its always the first thing your body works on to get rid of.
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Don't give in. I lose in fits and starts. My scale mocks me.

Read this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10067269/your-scale-is-a-lying-liarpants?new=1

After my first "carb transition" 10lbs, I stalled for a reeeediculous amount of time, but meanwhile other benefits appeared. Use a tape measure and track your measurements weekly (I dropped a bra band size while stalled.) And it's fantastic that you're feeling better.

And as for fat:
    - Full fat Marie's please (it used to scare me, but I've recovered)
    - One tablespoon of dressing/butter/mayo? Make it two!
    - Aioli is fabulous, as is also hollandaise and bernaise, to add to veggies, meats, fish

Again, don't give in. Best of luck! :smile:
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have been logging regularly for about a month and have not seen results. Maybe too many "slip up day", days where I logged most of it, but definitely went over, but I still want to see a result. I have been taking pictures weekly, and my boyfriend says he sees small changes, but I think he's being nice. I'm going to "just keep swimming", and I hope you do to! Never give up!
  • annieboomboom
    Options
    thank everyone for the information and the encouragement. I have a client friend who announced tonight she has lost 10 lbs on ww. She is close to morbidly obese and I am happy for her. I am sure she is starving and I know she had a lot of water to get rid of.
    But I want to believe that this is the right path for me and will stay vilgilent. I love the science of this. It appeals to my brain.

I won't give up this time. Homostatis is something my dr. brother talks about . Calls it "set point" the body has grown WAAAY to comfy at a certain weight apparently and isn't fond of someone mucking around.

Thank you again
  • annieboomboom
    Options
    Love me Maries FULL FAT dressing. Yes, adding fat is a scary thing. I am boldly going where I have not been
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am going to point out that you have been exercising. Exercising may cause you to retain water especially if you are doing strength training. That is not a bad thing and do not stop, just know that as you go on with exercise your body will not react in that way.
    Because I wanted to see victory on the scale I am adding in exercise slowly this time. I am adding cardio in 3 times a week this month. March, I am going to add in 2 days a week of strength training. I should be roughly 8lbs down by then and will be prepared for a stall on the scale.
    Non scale victories county too...fitting into a size 12 instead of a squeezing into a 14. Fitting into a dress that you haven't worn in ages, or going for a light job and you don't need an ambulance.

Denise