Anyone try a bikini for the first time in their 40s?

Options
I've been anywhere between pudgy and fat my whole life. Currently daydreaming about wearing a bikini for the first time when I meet my goals. Anyone else with the same thoughts, whether a dream or a reality? It feels silly, but it's motivating :)

Replies

• LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    33.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6mcmihEPVbmSBW8vKjJ.gif
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I never have but I may have to try it.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Lol ljohnson. As a mother of 4, nope, no, nopeity nope no.
  • brendaswomleyfrazier
    Options
    Buy one you like and in the size you want to be at. Hang it some where you can see it every day. Great motivation. Heck even try it on and take a picture. If your losing weigh and working out take a pick every week so you can see the difference you progress is making.
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    emilymean wrote: »
    Lol ljohnson. As a mother of 4, nope, no, nopeity nope no.

ha ha! emilymean, how do you really feel about it?
  • hisfitwife11
    hisfitwife11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I see all types of bodies in bikinis at the beach. I'm 43 I've had 5 children and I'm a Grammie to 4. I want to be able to wear one until they take it away from me at the old folks home!!!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    That's actually my goal too :) I turn 50 in August, and I want to wear a bikini on my birthday. I need to drop a few more pounds and keep lifting weights so I won't look too horrible.

Good luck with your goal. Anything that motivates is a good thing.
  • jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yep!!! I haven't always been bigger. So in my teens and 20's I wore bikinis. I got fatter in my 30's. Decided at 39 I was done with being fat. I lost 40 pounds in a year. I wore a bikini last summer and this year already for summer I own 4 brand new Victoria secret bikinis. I'll be 41 in April!! My profile pictures is me last summer...40 and wearing a bikini. I say go for it!!!
  • fitmom7498
    fitmom7498 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear the bikini in public without feeling like everyone is looking. I've got the suit now to put in the work!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Would love to wear one with confidence again. Maybe I'll browse online
  • JoshMaz
    JoshMaz Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'll do the spandex bike shorts, but I'm going to pass on the bikini. Thanks.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I've never worn a bikini - maybe I will do it in my 40's :)
  • CaroDav73
    CaroDav73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    In my teens I dd but have lost all confidence would love too get to that point for a holiday later on this year
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I hope to.
  • beachbum4044
    beachbum4044 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    go for it! As long as you are comfortable in it that is all that matters! I love the idea of buying one you like and then taking pictures. For me it is one that I already have. I want to wear it when we go to the OBX in June. Good luck to you!
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Now here is a fun goal!!! It also reinforces next time I see a woman in a bathing suit or bikini to celebrate her courage
  • BluGnat
    BluGnat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I also hope to buy a bikini again; maybe this year, depending on how my relationship with gravity goes!
  • Exercisewoman
    Exercisewoman Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Last time I wore a bikini was last year at my local gym for the sauna. It was a regular thing, but since leaving the gym I put weight on and on holiday to America in Nov I lost my confidence. Slowly it's coming back and when I've lost the next 6lb I think I'll feel great. My belly is getting smaller.
  • snorklr
    snorklr Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes, do it! Own it.
    I never wore a bikini til last year when I was 42. Trying to get back there before this summer. I live in Florida and see all kinds, even great big girls in bikinis. I say just do it!
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sadly my stretch marks are so bad that even when I was below my goal I couldn't do it.
    "Sigh" pre kids I always wore a bikini