Looking for MFP friends...lets support each other: Changing my story- Join me if you dare :)

Options
lifeaslucy09
lifeaslucy09 Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hey Everyone!

My name is Lucy, I'm a 2nd year medical student in Eastern North Carolina! I have been on MFP a few times over the past several years but each time as my life becomes a bit more busy I find myself falling off! I don't want that to happen this time around. I've been thinking a lot about who I am and what I represent. This is what I've come up with:

I'm a lover of Christ, I'm a Congolese girl, I'm a daughter, an older sister, and a friend to all who cross my path. I love to support and encourage others and I believe this is why I am so passionate about the healthcare field.

Despite all this, I've come to realize that the person I struggle to love the most is myself. I believe that my health is a reflection of my love for me. As I write this, I am 5'6 a littler over 250lbs and struggling with self image, self worth, and self discipline. I praise God that I am not blind to my struggle and that He allows me to recognize it. I see how I am living and I am committing myself to struggle in a different way. I want to struggle to change the story of my life.

If you relate to any part of my story, I invite you to add me on here...I need as much help and support as I can get and I hope to share my support with you all too!

"One day at a time, one meal at a time, and one step at a time...we can change our story!"

#lifeaslucy

Replies