My month on keto

Options
DAM5412
DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
I started following the keto WOE in Septmeber. From then until Thankgiving I lost weight consistently, although I was actively learning and not always hitting my macros. I did hit my goal weight of 165 lbs at that time and, although I decided to lower my goal, thought I would cut myself some slack and "enjoy the holidays". Well from Thanksgiving through NYE I gained 8 lbs and was up to 173 lbs.

So January 1st, I refocused on eating Keto style. I've had one rough period with a food and booze binge, but otherwise have been in ketosis and eating a strict keto diet. In this month I have dropped those 8 lbs and am back to 165. In addition, I lost 2 inches off my waist as well as an inch off each of my thighs, as well as other places, so have lost 7.8 inches overall. In one month.

My plan is to lose another 10 lbs before April 1st, as that will be the anniversary of my coming back to MFP. That would mean a weight loss of 50 lbs in one year. I will tell you, a year ago I didn't even think I had that much to lose...but I was avoiding scales and having to buy bigger clothes. When I went for my annual check up and realized how much I weighed, I was a little shocked and immediately reduced my calories, monitored my diet and became more active. Yes, I lost weight in the first 5 months, but it wasn't until I started Keto in September that I gained control of my weight. There is a real difference between the first 5 months and the next 4. I have learned so much and feel like I am actually in control here!

So I am taking this as an opportunity to, yes, give myself a pat on the back; but also to thank all of the forum members here who share so much about your success and struggles, offering a welcoming and informative environment to the newbies and helping me so much. And as well to encourage those newbies that this way of earing can and will give you back control of you weight and for many your health. Stick to it, don't give up on yourself or your goals!!

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress! Those next 10 pounds will come off in no time!
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That is very impressive.
    Theme song for whenever we backslide:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    WellDone, DAM5412, a great Testimony
    to you and LCHF..!
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you. Very happy for you.
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It's great the kind of results you can see from keto in such a short time! :)
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »

So I am taking this as an opportunity to, yes, give myself a pat on the back; but also to thank all of the forum members here who share so much about your success and struggles, offering a welcoming and informative environment to the newbies and helping me so much. And as well to encourage those newbies that this way of earing can and will give you back control of you weight and for many your health. Stick to it, don't give up on yourself or your goals!!

(*)
    Well done!
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    I started following the keto WOE in Septmeber. From then until Thankgiving I lost weight consistently, although I was actively learning and not always hitting my macros. I did hit my goal weight of 165 lbs at that time and, although I decided to lower my goal, thought I would cut myself some slack and "enjoy the holidays". Well from Thanksgiving through NYE I gained 8 lbs and was up to 173 lbs.

So January 1st, I refocused on eating Keto style. I've had one rough period with a food and booze binge, but otherwise have been in ketosis and eating a strict keto diet. In this month I have dropped those 8 lbs and am back to 165. In addition, I lost 2 inches off my waist as well as an inch off each of my thighs, as well as other places, so have lost 7.8 inches overall. In one month.

My plan is to lose another 10 lbs before April 1st, as that will be the anniversary of my coming back to MFP. That would mean a weight loss of 50 lbs in one year. I will tell you, a year ago I didn't even think I had that much to lose...but I was avoiding scales and having to buy bigger clothes. When I went for my annual check up and realized how much I weighed, I was a little shocked and immediately reduced my calories, monitored my diet and became more active. Yes, I lost weight in the first 5 months, but it wasn't until I started Keto in September that I gained control of my weight. There is a real difference between the first 5 months and the next 4. I have learned so much and feel like I am actually in control here!

Great post!
  • hotsungirl
    hotsungirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!