Caution Required

Options
Ok, so I stopped scale watching, tightened my carb restriction, upped the fat a bit and within the last couple of days seem to have gone deeper into ketosis but here it is. My clothes feel different. I am comfortable in a sweater I wouldn't wear a year ago. My jeans, oh sure they are stretchy denim, but they are slipping a bit down my belly not the same as a week ago.
So, I am vowing to stay off the scale and keep doing what I am doing.
Love the support here.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The scale sometimes just causes unnecessary drama. Who needs the stress? Progress is progress. So happy for you on those NSVs.
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I stopped scale watching, tightened my carb restriction, upped the fat a bit and within the last couple of days seem to have gone deeper into ketosis but here it is. My clothes feel different. I am comfortable in a sweater I wouldn't wear a year ago. My jeans, oh sure they are stretchy denim, but they are slipping a bit down my belly not the same as a week ago.
    Love the support here.

(*)
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    fantastic! keep it up!
  • Elwin5
    Elwin5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Way to go.....scale is not my friend. Love my tape measure though!
  • jaimekbee1219
    jaimekbee1219 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! :)
  • melyndavaz
    melyndavaz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love the support here.

I'm so happy for you! What a great feeling. I need that strength. It's funny how our clothes can feel different and our body composition can look different but yet we let that little square monster have a play in our feelings. Keep on keepin on!!
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Well done AnnieBB that's fantastic work!!!

(Not sure if you can see my avatar but the scales are hiding behind the bathroom door LOL)
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    What is a NSV?
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!!!
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    NSV= Non Scale Victory.
  • Ashhhbashhhh
    Ashhhbashhhh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am obsessed with weighing myself and my boyfriend hates it because he is seeing the changes in me and I am just crazy about the numbers. I need to stop. Keep up the good work!
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There you go! When your pants start falling off, you're doing it right, regardless what the scale says. :D
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I get on the scale just to laugh, my scale is so inaccurate that it just causes me to laugh each morning (and I've bought two different digital scales that both do the same thing). I do agree with previous posters and take your measurements!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Well done AnnieBB that's fantastic work!!!

(Not sure if you can see my avatar but the scales are hiding behind the bathroom door LOL)

(*) I love the avatar!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    dawlfin318 wrote: »

(*) I love the avatar!

Thank you dawlfin. I think it's fun :smiley:

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Rockin' NSV!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Good job...so many of us struggle to find what works for each of us...chasing down what others tell us will work, as it did for them. You've found yours and deserve to celebrate it!!
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Love the NSV!