6/3-6/9

Options
New check in thread...Give me one more week and I'll be able to post better.

Replies

• teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    6/3
    Insanity Day 1 Fit Test
    I will post more about this later in the day. Time went by too fast and have to leave for work. Good luck to everyone on their workouts today. You can do this!!!
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this. Thank you for the invite to the Group. Fit Test today for me!! Have a great day all!!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Did the test Saturday. My 13 year old daughter did it with me and is going to try doing the program with me (hey, as long as she is doing it even partly at least she is moving) but it means screwing up my workout schedules so it will be evenings insted of mornings and she is gung ho so we are doing day 2 tonight.

Fit test results and measurements (should we post those too?) not sure I measured right or from proper spots but it is close. Waist came out 37" measuring around from the belly button but my size 34 pants and belts are sliding down on me.

Switch Kicks: 68
    Power Jacks: 45
    Power Knees: 60
    Power Jumps: 29
    Globe Jumps: 6
    Suicide Jumps: 15
    Push-up Jacks: 20
    Low Plank Obliques: 15

5' 10"
    163 pounds
    Body fat % 28.08 (based on some random website)
    Chest 40
    Waist (belly button) 37
    Hips 39
    L Thigh 22
    R Thigh 22
    L Calf 14.5
    R Calf 14.5

Good luck on the Fit Tests everyone. It is a workout in itself.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Did the test Saturday. My 13 year old daughter did it with me and is going to try doing the program with me (hey, as long as she is doing it even partly at least she is moving) but it means screwing up my workout schedules so it will be evenings insted of mornings and she is gung ho so we are doing day 2 tonight.

Fit test results and measurements (should we post those too?) not sure I measured right or from proper spots but it is close. Waist came out 37" measuring around from the belly button but my size 34 pants and belts are sliding down on me.

Switch Kicks: 68
    Power Jacks: 45
    Power Knees: 60
    Power Jumps: 29
    Globe Jumps: 6
    Suicide Jumps: 15
    Push-up Jacks: 20
    Low Plank Obliques: 15

5' 10"
    163 pounds
    Body fat % 28.08 (based on some random website)
    Chest 40
    Waist (belly button) 37
    Hips 39
    L Thigh 22
    R Thigh 22
    L Calf 14.5
    R Calf 14.5

Good luck on the Fit Tests everyone. It is a workout in itself.

Hi Jonathan and All Beachbody Group Members.

That is great that she is interested in doing it too. My 13 year old stepdaughter did P90X with me for the first week and she enjoyed it. She got too involved in activites at school after the first week but she has an interest to do it again some day. I will be working out in the evenings too unless I have the day off from work. I prefer to workout out in mornings but not enough for me to start at 4:00 a.m.

Feel free to post anything you want about your workout each day. Yes you can post your measurements and fit test results. When I measure I use the Team Beachbody method of measuring and I refer back to it each month I measure so I am accurate.

I have posted the video on measuring below for anyone who wants to watch it. I also have the video on my Facebook group page. The link below might only work if you have a Team Beachbody Free account set up. If you do not have an account set up it only takes 1 to 2 minutes. Feel free to use me as a Coach Referral. My Coach ID is 230516. By having a Coach referral and a Coach if you ever order a Beachbody product in the future you will receive bonus workout DVDS for free by compliments of your Coach.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/edit-profile/progressandgoals#lightbox_video
  • christina64134
    Options
    Today was my first day! did the fit test then the cardio and damn I was sweaty!! it was very hard hopefully tomorrow it will be easier! any advice for me?
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello! New here and new combining Insanity with MFP. I've half-a$$ed Insanity before, but this time I mean business. My 13 yr old daughter is also going to join me and we're scheduled to do the fit test tonight. We'll see if she can hang :^) She's athletic and I'm focusing on the 'fun' aspect as I do not want to cause undue pressure or stress on her - she does not need to lose weight per se, just find the fun in being fit - I need to do the same. I *do* need to drop the lbs and must be more disciplened with my out-of-control eating as of late.

I also want to incorporate weight training which I love and hope to find the right balance without overdoing it and failing!

Looking forward to checking in and getting to know you all!
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Thanks. Just did the sign up for the Team Beachbody Free account and went through the set up for the free account. :smile:
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Put Ryan as my coach, of course.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Put Ryan as my coach, of course.

Thanks Jonathan. There is a lot of good information on that site too. I use it all the time. If you want to join my Facebook group let me know. I have over 10 new members starting Insanity on my facebook group. The link is below if you or anyone else is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/527307200663612/

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Day 1 Insanity Fit Test
    Nutrtion 8/10
    The fit test was a real workout. I sure am glad I just completed P90X a few days ago or I would of for sure done worse. I was sweating like crazy during this test (workout). I need to improve on my legs and jumping. My legs felt like they did not want to move anymore at times while my brain was telling me to move them. My fit test results are below.

Switch Kicks - 122 = 61
    Power Jacks - 50
    Power Knees - 76
    Power Jumps - 35
    Globe Jumps - 6
    Suicide Jumps - 11
    Push Up Jacks - 34
    Low Plank Oblique - 32

I am excited to see what the first workout will be like tomorrow. Good luck everyone and keep up the awesome work. Keep thinking positive and think about the results you will have in 30, 60, and for some 90 days. It will be worth it. Keep pressing play.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Here were my results from todays fit test.

SWITCH KICKS (where the calendar says 2 kicks = 1 REP) 124= 62
    POWER JUMPS= 65
    POWER KNEES= 100
    POWER JUMPS= 44
    GLOBE JUMPS= 14
    SUICIDE JUMPS= 28
    PUSH-UP JACKS= 34
    LOW PLANK OBLIQUE= 36
    Remind you, these were not pretty but I stayed with it!!!!:tongue:
  • teamryan90
    Options

POWER JUMPS= 65
    POWER KNEES= 100
    POWER JUMPS= 44
    GLOBE JUMPS= 14
    SUICIDE JUMPS= 28
    PUSH-UP JACKS= 34
    LOW PLANK OBLIQUE= 36

Very nicely done. Great job. I am looking forward to some improvement on my jumping and legs. My legs just would not move or allow me to jump. You did awesome and keep it up. :smile:
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    6/3

First I would like to say awesome job to all. You are all doing great. Nice job on the fit tests. I wish I was able to join you. Maybe by the end of the year.

I did Power 90 again today and I feel pretty good. I was tired when I started but I pushed play and now I am wired up. Keep up the great work everyone. We will meet our fitness and health goals for sure.
  • Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You all were beasting great job! My fit test results are as follows:

Switch kicks: 100 = 50
    Power jacks: 30
    Power knees: 57
    Power Jumps: 26
    Globe jumps: 5
    Suicide jumps: 15
    Push-up jacks: 6
    Low plank oblique: 24

I don't have a tape measure to do my measurements but will likely pick up one tomorrow after work. Food wise I did ok. I did have a bread stick at Olive Garden. Had I not eaten that, I could have saved myself a lot of carbs, sodium, and finished the day under my calorie goals. On the upside, I discovered that I do like blueberries in oatmeal.
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I did my fit test yesterday. I was only able to do 6 of the 8 moves.
    I could not do the suicide jumps...at all :sad:
    I could not do the push-up jacks, as I do not have hardly any upper body strength. So I did "girlie push ups" until I can get enough strength to do an actual push up.
    Sweat a ton. A lot more than I have with running over the past 2 months.
    VERY VERY SORE today:sick: . But looking forward to this afternoons workout!

Edited to add: And I felt like throwing up afterwards
  • ShamelesslyFlawed
    ShamelesslyFlawed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Okay Y'all: My hubs (KSwizzle) & I completed the {un}fit test last night. Can I just say "wahhhhhhh" I use to be able to do this stuff when I was younger....mind you I am not that freakin' old!!! (I'm sticking with 26 for the rest of my life btw). It was so hard and we were dripping with sweat. Afterwards, we both were like "WTF?!?!?! how are we going to make it through a workout tomorrow!" We ate our protein packed dinner, showered, and off to bed we went.

Fast Forward to this morning! I woke up refreshed and feeling GREAT! It is the best I have felt in a long time! What I didn't tell you is that I am a "Lymie" (lyme's disease patient for those who don't know). I have lost a lot of muscle and my joints hurt most days due to all the neurological damage this god-awful disease has done to me. This was a BIG deal for me. Although, throughout today I am feeling a bit sore when I sit too long at my desk, I feel even more motivated to get home and workout.

The good thing is, that KSwizzle felt the same way too! We are stoked! And I am so glad I have this group to hang out in during my "lunch" hour!

Keep Diggin' Deep y'all!
  • ShamelesslyFlawed
    ShamelesslyFlawed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hahahaha! I felt like throwing up too!
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Okay Y'all: My hubs (KSwizzle) & I completed the {un}fit test last night. Can I just say "wahhhhhhh" I use to be able to do this stuff when I was younger....mind you I am not that freakin' old!!! (I'm sticking with 26 for the rest of my life btw). It was so hard and we were dripping with sweat. Afterwards, we both were like "WTF?!?!?! how are we going to make it through a workout tomorrow!" We ate our protein packed dinner, showered, and off to bed we went.

Fast Forward to this morning! I woke up refreshed and feeling GREAT! It is the best I have felt in a long time! What I didn't tell you is that I am a "Lymie" (lyme's disease patient for those who don't know). I have lost a lot of muscle and my joints hurt most days due to all the neurological damage this god-awful disease has done to me. This was a BIG deal for me. Although, throughout today I am feeling a bit sore when I sit too long at my desk, I feel even more motivated to get home and workout.

The good thing is, that KSwizzle felt the same way too! We are stoked! And I am so glad I have this group to hang out in during my "lunch" hour!

Keep Diggin' Deep y'all!

Great job working through it. You both are doing great. I also am a Lymie but as caugh early on. I still have my bad days with no energy but since changed to healtier eating and started P90X 3 months ago have felt the best in over 10 years.

Keep up the great work and awesome job.
  • JonathanBB
    Options

POWER JUMPS= 65
    POWER KNEES= 100
    POWER JUMPS= 44
    GLOBE JUMPS= 14
    SUICIDE JUMPS= 28
    PUSH-UP JACKS= 34
    LOW PLANK OBLIQUE= 36

Dayum that's impressive.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Hey all! I did my fit test yesterday. I was only able to do 6 of the 8 moves.
    I could not do the suicide jumps...at all :sad:
    I could not do the push-up jacks, as I do not have hardly any upper body strength. So I did "girlie push ups" until I can get enough strength to do an actual push up.
    Sweat a ton. A lot more than I have with running over the past 2 months.
    VERY VERY SORE today:sick: . But looking forward to this afternoons workout!

Edited to add: And I felt like throwing up afterwards

Me too on the throwing up part but I had something to eat 1/2 before and won't make that mistake again (I WILL find other ones to make). I admire you starting this. It is all about becoming a better you. Hang in there with me and us. We can do it together.