June 3rd

Options
Recovery Week! I am curious about the new workout.
How was your weekend? I spent it with my parents, thus unable to track calories. The weird thing is, I actually lost some weight.

Replies

• ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I took a sneak peek yesterday. The workout doesn't appear too bad. I am actually looking forward to it this evening after work. This weekend was quality time with my 17 yr old daughter going to the movies & having dinner. We saw Star Trek- Into the Darkness. You can never go wrong with the Star Trek franchise in my eyes. Long time fan. Husband was at a picnic reunion with his old boy Scouts buddies of more than 35yrs. We go camping every yr with the other wives & children. It is amazing how 10 boys now men have bounded from their days as young scouts.
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    I completed the workout this morning. It was different that's for sure. Warm up is shorter and less intense which is a welcome break. By the end of the workout though I was still dripping sweat. The three minutes of squats while working your shoulders gets ya. I enjoyed the change up though.

Weekend for me was good. Dinner with inlaws on Friday, Saturday we took my youngest for her first tennis lesson, then to the park for some dog walking and soccer practice. Yesterday was lawn mowing with a dip in the pool afterwards followed my going ot the movies to see "Now You See Me" with the family. Overall a great weekend.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    How come this topic is sticky? Did I do it by accident? :)

Core Cardio and Balance completed. I was sweating, too! I'm not sure how to log it, though. Folks with HRM - how many calories did you burn in comparison to a regular workout?

I'm curious what wffolkes will write, he was going to do the Fit Test and his first long workout today!

Your weekends sound so nice, I'm glad that you had a great time. Let's hope the rest of the week is just as good!
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    I run the workout setting on my bugg and it logged almost as many cals for today as it does for a normal workout, 226 for today. It really doesn't do well with the normal workouts and all the jumping. Really need to get myself a HRM.
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hey all

I burned around 500 Kcals doing Core Cardio & Balance I got better at it after 3 attempts and it became relaxing.

On to today and Wow I did better on my fit test and was exhausted before starting Max interval circuit. The thought of doing 60 minutes was daunting but I managed to get through it but wow it was super intense. I was dripping with sweat and shaking afterwards.

Im proud to have made it through and ready to go again tomorrow knowing ill be fresher not having to do a fit test prior.

I stopped my HRM after the fit test and restarted it for the max interval circuit.
    406Kcals burned for fit test
    1100kcals burned max interval training
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hello I actually think I'm going to enjoy Core Cardio. I like that you don't repeat any of the moves. The squats and arms at the end had my arms screaming. Thank God I had yoga class this evening.

My weekend was good. I had a 10k on Saturday in the heat with tons of hills. It kicked my butt. I don't think I'll be running any more races in the Summer.

I was reflecting on the last time I attempted to do Insanity. I made it to recovery week but only did it one day. I was doing it with a group of friends and once they stopped I stopped. This time I'm working out alone at 5:15 am. I also have some friends on Facebook who are doing. I'm committed to completing the 60 days and I have this group for accountability.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I just completed the recovery workout. Not a high burn but, it was ok for me. With my HRM- I burned 190 cal.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For some reason it being Recovery week I thought this work out would be like Cardio Recovery or a balance workout like yoga or pilates, I was wrong! I really liked this work out though, i was sweating at the end like a regular work out but didn't want to lay down on the floor and die. Those arm work out towards the end though those killed.
  • Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I missed my morning workout yesterday morning so had to do it in the evening. This morning I got up to do my morning core cardio and balance and had to keep taking a break. I figure it was because of my previous evening's workout. Hope I do better tomorrow morning.