Looking to find friends who do more than cardio

Hi there - 40 year old mum here in Sydney.

I have been losing some weight, but I really want a strong and toned body (and bones). So I have started to do some weights at home (dumbells). I alternate this with HIIT training (high intensity intervals) and do take rest days.

I don't belong to a gym, I killed that path a long time ago with several failed and expensive memberships. So I don't really have access to fancy machines.

Basically, I would like to connect with people who might be in the same position. I like to educated myself about what I am doing, and happy to share what I learn. Of course that would be nice if it was reciprocated. :wink:

I don't require a lot of "well done's" every time I post I ate something, just looking for honest feedback that is meaningful.

Feel free to add me if you are of a similar mind, make sure to leave a message please so I know where you found me!

Cheers!

Replies

• I am in a similar situation, but I do belong to a wellness center through my work with allows me access to some machines. I started on MFP 6 months ago, and what was once a weight loss journey has now become about looking and feeling better.
    I am 50yrs young, and have a full time desk job. What I am doing currently is full body weights 3 days a week and HIIT 2 days a week. The other day is usually walking or bike riding or something that can include my family. Usually Sunday is a rest day, but may also include a fun family activity like kayaking or playing at the beach- we live in Florida.
    My bucket list includes visiting Australia!