Binks has logged on for 365 days in a row!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, My Fitness Pal!. Today is my 365th day logged in. When I started my journey with you 365 days ago, I weighted 335 pounds. I had half-heartedly lost 20 pounds in the 3 months prior, but had lost my motivation and had begun the slippery slope of regaining what I had lost. Then someone told me about My Fitness Pal. I logged in on June 4th and set up my profile, goals, and introduced myself to the community. I faithfully filled in my food diary plan for the day, printed it, and put it on the counter in my kitchen. Then I got in the pool and swam for an hour. For the next 10 weeks I did the exact same thing and I saw the remarkable results of a disciplined, portion controlled diet plan that allowed me to eat just about anything I wanted as long as it fit in my calories (including not going over in carbs, proteins, fats, sodium, etc). To be honest, I didn't think I'd make it one week, let alone one year. But, I put all the effort and discipline I could muster into it. Soon it became a habit, and then on really tough days, it became my lifeline! It was my educator, and my motivator. My friends became my biggest cheerleaders and I became theirs.

Well, to make a long story short, here I am with 365 in a row days and I have a new body! I am 165 pounds less than when I began. I weigh 189.8 and am at my doctor's goal. I surpassed my personal goals of "If I can get below 300, then I will stop" to "If I can get below 275, then 250, then 225, then 200." I am within the last 10 pounds of what my BMI chart says I should weigh. Not bad for a 54 year old woman!

My Fitness Pal and community....thank you, thank you, thank you. I will continue to sing your praises, recommend you to others, and faithfully use you as I begin to embark on my maintenance.

FYI - I will be breaking my log in cycle in a week....my husband is taking me on a cruise to celebrate my victory......I plan to maintain my weight (or maybe just a little gain...LOL)....because I am going to (for the very first time in my life) dance the nights away, climb Mayan ruins, have a personal massage, sign up for a personal trainer, and take 7 days to enjoy the victory that this hard work brought.

Oh, and did I say "Thank you?"

Replies

• amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    You go Blinks! Good for you and hope you enjoy the vacation!
  • newmanel
    newmanel Posts: 61 Member
    That's a tremendous achievement. Congratulations! Enjoy your vacation!
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Wow well done and very inspiring (pretty cool of your husband to be so supportive too!)