weight not budging

Options
cals2016
cals2016 Posts: 4 Member
How do you move the scale? I'm exercising and watching my calories but I'm stuck.

Replies

• Fallensylae
    Fallensylae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you started recently? I have been in your boat for a while. I logged everything I ate, exercised for about an hour a day yet the darn scale would not budge. I got desperate and started exercising more, sacrificing sleep in the process. All to no avail.

Eventually it started to go down, albeit very slowly. I found there were multiple reasons I didn't lose weight/wasn't burning any body fat.

- I didn't count all my calories. The oil to bake my eggs in, the quick cup of coffee after a stressful day (with milk and sugar), the handful of nuts ... I added those and was surprised the calories went up rather quickly! Turned out I was eating at maintenance level, not at a deficit. Woops.
    - I started sleeping more. More sleep = more calories burned.
    - I added weight training in my exercises. Worked like a charm.
    - I swapped from regular cardio to HIIT: less time needed for more calories burned!

Next to the above, your body also adapts to you working out more: it stores more water and energy, and that'll make it seem as if the darn scale just doesn't budge. Try measuring your breast, arms and thighs and write those figures down. Chances are you'll see some changes there when the scale doesn't cooperate.

Above all, don't give up! You'll get there!