Light Ketosis

Jolinia
Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Does anyone try staying in the light ketosis range all the time? If so, what do you eat and what are your workout routines?

Thanks!

Replies

• aleehagen
    aleehagen Posts: 41 Member
    Most people enter a light state of ketosis each night as your body naturally enters ketosis without food. The average person wakes with a ketone level of .2 mml each morning. Not sure what you are asking or getting at here.

Are you looking to do keto while still eating a higher amount of carbohydrate?
  • Jolinia
    edited February 2015
    aleehagen wrote: »
    Most people enter a light state of ketosis each night as your body naturally enters ketosis without food. The average person wakes with a ketone level of .2 mml each morning. Not sure what you are asking or getting at here.

Are you looking to do keto while still eating a higher amount of carbohydrate?

Thanks for replying. Yes I do want to be in ketosis at all times, but not heavy ketosis. Heavy is great for appetite suppression, but I have more energy in light ketosis. So I want to balance that to have energy and more hunger control than not being in ketosis at all.

I was just wondering if anyone kept theirs in the light range consciously with their food choices.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    What's your definition of heavy vs. light?
  • Jolinia
    kirkor wrote: »
    What's your definition of heavy vs. light?

It's a rough estimate I know, but I use ketostix. I also know before I use one when I've gotten to the darkest purple because I have that energy level drop.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Jolinia, this is very interesting. I find that I am almost always the dark puple on the keto stix. I was wondering if that is even good for me. I'm intrigued by you saying you have more energy when your stix are indicating fewer ketones present. Unfortunately I have not solid advise to offer. Perhaps its simply a matter of the carb level which can of course be totally personal. IDK. I'm really interested to hear your findings though if you come across any other information!