Can anyone give me advice on working this in?

Options
AndreaWhite611
AndreaWhite611 Posts: 54 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Hello everyone. It's been great reading all the posts in here. I have bought the book and I am excited to start. The problem is i don't want to give up the excersise I am already doing and im not sure they will work together. Currently i am doing group power 3x week (its a weights class put to music, relatively low weigh high reps) and for cardio i do cycling and running. Do you think i can continue with the group power (maybe 2x week?) Or will i not be letting my muscles recover enough? The power classes I'd love to keep are Monday and wednesday. thank you in advance for any advice.

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    It's plausible but might be difficult depending on schedule and how much rest you can also managed to give yourself because you do need at least a full rest day somewhere in there.

I haven't started NROLFW but I do Stronglifts 3 days a week and am on week 12 with that one so the weights are getting heavy. I do like classes and try to catch Grit Strength, which is a cardio/weight class. But with my work schedule where I'm on my feet all shift and sometimes lifting at work (freight day in particular), I don't do the class much because the lifting days are the main focus of my work out. And my boss even reminded me last night that I need to take rest days cause my back is being bothersome right now. But I'm doing better overall and plan to do NROLFW soon along with 5k training but I'll run in morning and lift at 11 pm on the rare day I do both in one day, which will happen once a week at least so I get 1 full rest day.

So, in general it's going to be finding a way that best fits your schedule and still allows your body the time off that it will need. Manageable, yes, but challenging for sure and might because more difficult over time when the weights get heavier and depending on how challenging some of the ones are in the later stages of the program.