Not eating nearly enough calories

So it's after 5, I'm not at all hungry, but I have over 800 cals left. This is beginning to become an everyday thing and it's worrying me and the family. I do know that I'm going to have a nice cup of BPC later tonight while the fam eats cake (too sweet and made me throw up when i nibbled). What are some easy ways to up my caloric intake without the carbs? I'm kinda at a loss here...I know my body needs calories to function, I don't want to hurt my metabolism, but I don't know how to up calories without going over my carb limit. Also, what are some things that appeal to you guys when you're not hungry (aka, that you can force down your throat without gagging)?

Replies

• oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2015
    In the beginning, I was so used to "watching" for fat that it seemed bizarre to look for and add it LOL Easy question first.

Adding fat:
    Looking at my diary, I see the biggest sources of fat for me are:
    - HWC
    - bacon, meat and fat/drippings
    - butter
    - oils
    - aiolis, mayo
    - fatty meats like pork (rather than baby back) ribs
    - avocado
    - bone marrow (love it so much...)

Cooking with fat helps alot. I add butter and/or bacon drippings (yes, sometimes both!) when sauteing veggies. Also sunnyside up fried eggs basted in butter or bacon fat are great. And most times when I have a piece of meat or fish, I have a tablespoon or two of a sauce or aioli with it.

What do I eat when I'm not hungry?
    I had that issue a few weeks back, for about 4 days: I only ate when I wanted to, and didn't when I didn't want to. MFP squawked at me for eating less than 800 calories, but I survived it fine :D My appetite came back. I really think it's okay, don't pressure yourself.

Good luck and hang in there! I know you can figure this out.
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Nuts, cheese, avocado with salt and squeeze of lime, turkey or roast beef slices smeared with "...." (your choice of fat)
  • Latse
    Latse Posts: 61 Member
    You can always add more butter/coconut oil/HWC to your BPC to increase the calories.
    Use HWC instead of Half N Half in your tea as well as your BPC.
    Cook with Butter / Bacon drippings.... who would have thought that would be a good thing
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    I second oyadancing. Adding heavy cream, oil, and butter will up the calories easily. Thats the easiest to up your calories without upping your carbs.

I could be a bottomless pit for bacon so if I had no appetite I think I could also eat bacon. I also try keeping a couple varieties of cheese on hand for snacks.
  • aleehagen
    aleehagen Posts: 41 Member
    just by a quick check of you diary, it's not fat that you need to focus on, it's protein, you only had 34 grams yesterday. the one macro you want to hit is protein so you don't cannibalize your muscles as your body looks for fuel. try supplementing with a protein shake if it's hard for you to hit this goal each day.

hit your protein goal, keep your carbs under goal, eat fat to satiety.
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    I like to have a nice cup of coffee with plenty of HWC to up my calories and fat intake for the day. It's my sweet treat after dinner.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    What if " to satiety" isn't anywhere near meeting my calorie goal of 1400? I Do drink protein shakes fairly often, but can only tolerate the low calorie versions.