Motivation!

Replies

• Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Great quotes Cindy. Thanks for posting them for us. The one about the Dog is offensive at first but there is truth in that statement.

Barlovo; I was hoping things would get better as I lose weight. I'm sure they will. I know it won't all go away but any relief is much better than what I'm living with now. I don't have diabetes and pray to God I don't get it before I have a chance to right this situation, My brother has it. I'm one number-point marker away from being diabetic, I have Hypoglycemia.

I'm hoping your diabetes will be resolved through losing weight. Hang in there buddy.
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Liz, LOL!!

Karen: do hang in there. It took me about six months of weight loss (about 25 lbs, which was almost 10% of my body weight) before my blood sugar stabilized. The numbers were pretty up and down at first. But it is really an amazing thing how much eating well, mild exercise, and losing weight has helped my health.
  • Femmigirlz
    Isn't that the truth Barlovo. I remember when I lost 60 lbs just a few years back how much better I felt, more energy, not as much pain and felt sexy lol.
  • Femmigirlz
    You know Cindy I really love that quote about thinking we can do it. I've heard from many people who have lost more than 100 lbs and they all say the same thing, it's about your 'Mind' I'm reading Brain over Binge right now and the Author is about the same premise. It really is about believing in ourselves. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • Femmigirlz
    I'm sore from yesterday's 10 min arm workout. Lol

Fitspiration; I like watching weight loss videos on utube. They are inspiring. I've thought of doing my own but I'm a mostly private person so not sure yet.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Karen...this one's for you...
    g26bcuntmrro.jpg
  • barlovo
    Choose your hard - words to live by!!
  • barlovo
    My motivation today comes from the leader of the WW group I used to attend:

When your body is hungry, it screams "FEED ME". When your body is satisfied, it whispers very softly, "ok, that's enough". Don't ignore the screams, but learn to listen for the whispers.
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    edited February 2015
    23d8077e948738b85defa035b2020668.jpg
    Feeling this right now
  • Femmigirlz
    Great quote Barlovo.
  • Femmigirlz
    edited February 2015
    That last quote easier said then done for me. I know I need to.
  • FindingCindy721
    Karen~working out doesn't have to be bur pees til you puke...there are a good number of chair workouts on You tube...have you ever looked any up? I looked them up because my daughter had ankle surgery to repair a damaged tendon...There are many that are very low/no impact and upper body workouts! I like your idea of meditating too!
  • Femmigirlz
    Hi Cindy; yes I do the chair exercises on Utube. I actually did one last week that hurt my back lol. I have slipped disks in my back so have to be careful there too but I won't do that one anymore. I have video's by 'Sunshine' and her name is true to the video , she's a little too bright and sunny for me (I think she has a permanent fake smile) LOL but all joking aside I have 2 of the video's saved on Utube that I do and then I have a DVD of Sunshine. We also have Jillian video's. I'm looking to invest in some dancing video's. I can sit down in-between standing to dance. I think I would like the dancing ones better than structured exercises. I can't wait for summer. We have a pool and I will be using it. I love to swim :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Karen~ That's Awesome...I can't wait to be able to swim too! I'm not sure our pool will be unfrozen before July at this point lol :D
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Karen, Do you have a Wii? My girls love the Just Dance videos. They have four of them with a variety of songs.
  • Femmigirlz
    Liz no I don't. I've thought about it though. Do you hold something and match what they do?