Maternity Clothes

Options
So when do you think the line should be drawn for how long it acceptable to wear them? Is there even a line? I fit ok in one pair of pre pregnancy jeans (my first pair of non low rise jeans or "mom jeans" as my husband and I call them that I bought a few years ago when I was heftier than usual) and am barely fitting into another (with a huge muffin top). So sad, my pregnancy jeggings are still my go to jeans. Baby is almost a year old. ahhh the shame.

Replies

• mell4now
    mell4now Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If they fit, and you like them, wear them!!! Just because they say maternity dosent mean that they expire after the baby is here. Get your moneys worth outta them lol!!! I would
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I still wear mine, 9 months pp. I will admit I feel ashamed to wear them, but it's what fits currently.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Personally, I couldn't wait to get out of my maternity clothes. I did have to buy a couple pairs of jeans and I do spend a lot of time in yoga pants... but by about 3 months PP I was so done with them. lol

But honestly, to each their own and if you like wearing maternity pants, do it! I know the first time I tried them on I told my mom I was never going back to "normal" pants (and here I am, lol!)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of nice maternity dresses that I'd still wear if I hadn't loaned them to a friend. And I have a hoodie I still wear as it's comfortable.

I mostly wear dresses and tights though so I don't need to wear maternity, and I'm hoping I'll fit into my old jeans soon.
  • stringbeann
    Options
    I still wear a lot of stretchy maternity tops that are easier fr pulling up or down for nursing. I don't wear any of my maternity pants ad they're all too large now. Finally putting all my mat clothes kn my closet away except for those 4 stretchy t shirts. Buy clothing for your new body that fits you now. You will look a lot better wearing things that for it your current body.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 month post pregnancy and still wear some of the stuff. If it's comfy and fits I say wear it. You paid enough for the dang things you might as well get the use out of them.