Help! I love carbs

Options
I have been cutting down on my carb intake. I have not cut them out completely, but I am not consuming nearly the amount I had been. Now, I find myself experiencing mood swings and headaches. Do you think there is a correlation there? Any advice? Thanks :)

Replies

• TiffsMethod
    TiffsMethod Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you finding yourself being hungry? It sounds like how I sometimes feel when I'm low on blood sugar. As a hypoglycemic my sugar runs low anyway. Carbs are an easy way to keep my sugar up all day, but they stick to my waist. I would focus on good carbs like whole fruit. It will bring your sugar up, leave you fuller, and not derail you like a piece of bread. Protein will also help you stay full longer. Check your h2o intake too.
    Also, have you given up anything else, like caffeine? I know can cause headaches.
    Finally, check you nutrient balance. Nutrient deficits can do weird things to your body. A multi vitamin can help.
    If it's not any of these, it may just be a withdrawal symptom. If that's the case, it will go away eventually. Just grab some Advil and hang in there.
  • rvdoyle15
    Options
    Thank you for the advice!!
  • MountainMaggie
    MountainMaggie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Become a distance runner. Then you can eat lots and lots of carbs.
  • dmt366
    dmt366 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been reducing simple carbs too and it gave me a headache for a day or two - I think it's pretty common. When I feel that way I will have a small serving of a good complex carb like brown rice or a half sweet potato. If you cut your carbs real low you may need to take a B vitamin supplement.