Under Armour acquires MyFitnessPal, for $475 million dollars

Options
Wooken3
Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
There is a great video at the bottom of the article with Mike Lee, MFP founder, telling the history of MFP and where the merge with Under Armour will take the company. ==>http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/4/7980793/under-armour-acquires-myfitnesspal-475-million

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Wooken3. Very informative. Let's hope this is all towards the good!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Joni
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. It's interesting to speculate on what changes might be in the offing with MFP being acquired by a clothing company whose emphasis is on athletes. Seems like it'll be broadening their customer base immeasurably but I can't quite see how MFP will benefit. I'm sure it will - but I don't quite see how. I wish they'd gone into that in some detail.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    JoanLovell wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this. It's interesting to speculate on what changes might be in the offing with MFP being acquired by a clothing company whose emphasis is on athletes. Seems like it'll be broadening their customer base immeasurably but I can't quite see how MFP will benefit. I'm sure it will - but I don't quite see how. I wish they'd gone into that in some detail.

I agree.

I feel like we may be inundated with ads for Support Garments like Spanx.

LOL