New beginning but feeling uneasy with control eating

Options
mscrazy23
mscrazy23 Posts: 11 Member
Hi, Im new here

I found organizing my food habits is difficult specially with dinner since I have to see all my family around all of kinds of food and I can't eat it. So because of this I need some advices of dinner types of food that I could eat with low calories and make me feel that Im not longer hungry ..
:'(

Replies

• brattyally82
    brattyally82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I decide what my family eats for dinner. I don't eat a salad while they eat greasy burgers around me! I check calories by entering my recipes here so I know the portion I can have (even if my husband gets to have double what I'm eating.) If one of the kids really doesn't like what I've made, there is usually a leftover option in the fridge!

Maybe if you search for some good family-friendly dinner recipes- that would help? I lighten up recipes all the time- we use ground turkey (a lot!), 2% cheeses, skim milk, lowfat sour cream, etc...that also helps me be able to cook real meals that don't seem like "diet food." Good luck! Don't let yourself be hungry!
  • mscrazy23
    mscrazy23 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Maybe if you search for some good family-friendly dinner recipes- that would help? I lighten up recipes all the time- we use ground turkey (a lot!), 2% cheeses, skim milk, lowfat sour cream, etc...that also helps me be able to cook real meals that don't seem like "diet food." Good luck! Don't let yourself be hungry!

Thanks, knowing that will help me a lot .. Really .. <3
  • alliemay1024
    alliemay1024 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I decide what my family eats for dinner. I don't eat a salad while they eat greasy burgers around me! I check calories by entering my recipes here so I know the portion I can have (even if my husband gets to have double what I'm eating.) If one of the kids really doesn't like what I've made, there is usually a leftover option in the fridge!

This is exactly me!!
  • alliemay1024
    alliemay1024 Posts: 83 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Also, try almond milk.. It tastes better than skim milk with less calories. I NEVER use lower fat sour cream. Its not good, and I am always disappointed. I used the real stuff in moderation of just about everything except cheese. Low fat cheese isn't that bad.

I also use real butter instead of all that margarine. I like the taste, and there really isn't much difference except that butter goes bad quicker due to less preserves and such.

If you cook green beans and place a slice of bacon in them for seasoning, you really aren't getting ALL the bacon calories. (My grandma saves the drippings for seasoning, and I have access)

Moderation is key. Eventually I will have to switch over, but right now, at the beginning stages, I take baby steps. Just started back the beginning of the month, and I am already 14 pounds down. It may be mostly water weight for now, but it is eating as healthy as I can NOW.