Pool time

Options
Thumpergt9
Thumpergt9 Posts: 26 Member
Now that the pool is finally open I am spending a couple of hours there with the kids a few times a week. I hate that I can't wear my armband in the water. What do you guys do for calories when you are just playing in the pool? If I edit my off body time it doesn't really have an option of playing in the pool only swimming for exercise.

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Well - I tend to pay attention to how much I'm doing - is real laps or just splashing around? If it's splashing around then I tend to choose the leisure swimming since that's the lowest burning version.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Wish we could wear our BMF's in the water, as I'll be spending a lot of time in the pool this summer too!

If it's just casual hanging out in the pool with my kids, splashing and playing, I'll log it as leisure swimming or even treading water. When I do laps, I make sure to keep an eye on the clock so I'll know exactly how much time to log for that particular exercise.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I use snorkeling if I'm hanging out playing around.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I believe the core2 band that will be on sale in Aug/Sept will be waterproof