Beginner

Options
xprplstardust
xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
Hey everyone! I just got my weight set today - 55 pounds & it can hold a max of 140 lbs of weight. i will be starting nrol4w this week & can't wait. I'm not sure what weights i should start out with.. i can currently lift 8 lb dumbbells which is a lot for me because i've never lifted in my entire life..does anyone have any advice, tips, etc? Thanks so much!

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    hey - just thought I would answer since no one else has. take a look at the getting started thread for advice and tips. start posting in the stage 1 thread to meet others in stage 1 and visit the daily chat thread, 'cause we're a cool bunch of chicks.

to answer your specific question, just start with what feels right. go down if you can't complete 15 reps, go up as soon as you can get your reps done with good form.
  • xprplstardust
    Options
    thanks so much. i will def check that out. :)
  • mrg68
    mrg68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, too. I have a bench (doesn't incline, but I have a large stability ball that I heard would work, too), dumbbells and a longer bar with about 100 lbs. of weights. I think this will work fine to get me started. I have 3 teenage and preteen boys so if we need to invest in more weights or equipment it would probably get used by more than just me, so we'll see what happens with that. But I started a little light, too. I know I can lift more but not for 15 reps X2!! I want to keep good form and since I'm doing this at home, I don't want to hurt myself either. So I figure I can always build up to more weights as I go. Last night I was home alone so when my oldest is home and can help me, I'll see how much more I can put on but with still good form.
  • xprplstardust
    Options
    great plan! i don't have a bench but the edge of my tub works great for the step ups in workout 1. i don't have a stability ball but i know i can get one from walmart for cheap if i stick with the smaller sizes. so far, still using my light dumbbells until i get the form right.