Fiber - how many grams are you getting per day

Out of curiosity, how many grams of fiber are you getting per day staying under 20 grams net carbs?

I am usually around 9-13 grams. Is that enough?

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    I get 0g a day. I don't consume any, nor do I attempt to supplement it. Personally, I have no issues.

If you're having no issues at 9-13g, then don't stress about it.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    I get between 0 and 3 g of fiber. I like to eat vegetables. Just trying to stay really low carb right now. I will up that carb limit when most of my weight I would like to lose is gone.
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    It varies, as low as 2g to as high as 12g if I have avocado or artichokes that day. I like veggies, I'm careful to eat those that are already low in carbs.

I don't augment fiber, everything is all good, what with all the fat and water. Most augmented fiber (rather than that from leafy greens) is soluble like fiber from grains, which adds bulk and slows the digestive system. If you need slowing down... otherwise I'm not convinced enough to add any.

Your 9 to 13g seems like plenty to me.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    I don't know, never checked.

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • SteveKroll
    SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
    Same here. Don't know, don't care.

Back when I first started keto, constipation was a problem, but it quickly fixed itself and everything now seems to be moving along regularly, despite what many perceive as a lack of fiber in the diet.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    I've found that I only need fiber if my protein is too high, fat isn't an issue. But if protein is particularly high I'll take some fiber supplement to help things along.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Out of curiosity, how many grams of fiber are you getting per day staying under 20 grams net carbs?

I am usually around 9-13 grams. Is that enough?

If you are not having any issues, keep doing what you're doing.

TMI alert: I recently increased my fiber up to 25+ grams but it was done specifically as part of a "bowel retraining" process physical therapy figured out I needed to do for some issues I've had for years(long before keto). I'm sticking to that fiber level for now and am being very consistent about it, but once I'm done with physical therapy and am confident that I've found a new baseline, I'm going to experiment with going back towards the much smaller fiber numbers that most people seem to have no issues with on keto and seeing how my body reacts.