Episode Discussions! (SPOILER ALERT)

Options
MsTiffamee
MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
This is a great way for everyone to be able to discuss the episodes without ruining the surprise for those who have yet to see it!

Replies

• MsTiffamee
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm going to be honest...I was disappointed with last nights episode. I had to make myself finish watching it. So are yall thinking that the little boy killed his family or something? I kind of got that vibe from the pictures, but I'm not that good at "reading between the lines." Thoughts?

Also, any ideas on who is chopping zombies up and putting their torsos in trucks....weird!?!?
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    On second thought. Maybe they chopped them up as humans and put their torsos in the truck then they turned?....jeez....
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The episode was really weird. How about those commercials?? Every time I looked up ( I was crocheting and watching) it seemed there was a commercial break. Even my husband commented "commercial again"
    Also....what was with the way Tyrese was looking at the pictures, there is something about the twins, or something. I'm not sure, but he was looking at the pictures that there was something wrong. How did that walker get out of the bedroom? I know they can open doors, but you would have thought the walker would have done that right away when he heard them in the house. There was definitely something strange about that whole thing.
    I was reading up on some spoiler sites (I know I'm horrible and just can't wait) and they have some interesting things to say about the torso thing and what happened in that town. A prelude to something coming in the coming episodes. It will get interesting. I guess if you have read the comics, which I haven't, then you know what it's all about.
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    Yea I thought Tyrese had a strange look on his face when he looked at the pictures on the wall too! I don't know. It was weird!
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome episode. Even though I was team Tyreese and am now confined to the walk horde. Noah's family and the rest of the town seemed liked they were attacked. The mom looked like she was cut with something, and the boy looked like he was killed himself and was partially eaten.

The comics and the TV are only very loosely tied. In the comics, Tyreese died at the prison in the same way Hershel did on the show. Locations such a Atlanta, the farm and the prison were the same, but Terminus didn't exist in the comics nor the hospital where Beth was killed.
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I also got the feeling that the town was attacked, it was all weird and I feel it will lead up to something big.
  • mummyappleseed
    mummyappleseed Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Was thinking of you during the episode.
    Bad luck Sir. I think you can be reserected as a different character.
    Also the curse of black dude of the season continues.
    uegxejwgyvzm.jpg
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Bawled my eyes out.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,888 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was just pissed! I mean really, he was not so stupid to leave a zombie scratching at a door while he was daydreaming looking at another zombies room! You do not survive that long being stupid! And the corpses, strange.

But otherwise it was a great episode. Some zombie killing, a little exploration, a little mystery, and some decisions made.

Rest in peace Tyreese. You will be missed. :'(

Shelley
  • bonniedalberg
    Options
    You'd think that these people would've acquired the knowledge of tourniquets by now. That could've possibly saved Tyrese while waiting to cauderize his arm. This episode was okay, I guess the coolest thing was the zombie body parts everywhere. Grrr... need more gore and action.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I think that Tyrese looking at the pictures was a clue for us to ask, where is the twin brother? Then, oh! Here he is. This is also a wake up call that the survivors are getting too comfortable around walker situations. You are still at risk, you got to always be on your "A" game. I will miss Tyrese but he did leave in peaceful mind. I'm still kind of confused about how the virus works. They are all infected, so why is a bite from walker a death sentence? I guess they get a super dose? It's confusing. If they have the virus already, then they should be immune to the bites.
  • niki4454
    Options
    Does anyone remember the reason Noah was in Atlanta with his dad?
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm still kind of confused about how the virus works. They are all infected, so why is a bite from walker a death sentence? I guess they get a super dose? It's confusing. If they have the virus already, then they should be immune to the bites.

I too was wondering why do people die after getting bitten. It's actually the infection of the bite that kills, not the virus itself.

Entire episode was weird, Tyreese's "demons" he hallucinated, radio broadcast, walker that got out of the room, bodies, zombie torsos? I don't know.. I must admit it all left me confused, but I have a feeling it will all turn out to be something big.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Hmmm, I think I should watch it over. This time while not emailing my friends on my fitness pal! :D

Shelley
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a weird episode too. What is going to happen with Morgan? He was following them forever, then they took cars, so how could he keep up?
    xenoa wrote: »
    I'm still kind of confused about how the virus works. They are all infected, so why is a bite from walker a death sentence? I guess they get a super dose? It's confusing. If they have the virus already, then they should be immune to the bites.

I too was wondering why do people die after getting bitten. It's actually the infection of the bite that kills, not the virus itself.

Entire episode was weird, Tyreese's "demons" he hallucinated, radio broadcast, walker that got out of the room, bodies, zombie torsos? I don't know.. I must admit it all left me confused, but I have a feeling it will all turn out to be something big.

I don't think the bite is what gives them the infection. If they lose too much blood and die after a zombie bite, they turn. That is why they can survive if the they lose a limb.
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering too, why a bite is so bad when we're already infected. I see your point about the blood loss but if the bite isn't that bad it can be treated without immediate amputation. People get bit every day by dogs and cats who have pointy canine teeth that are made for ripping flesh, so a human bite couldn't possibly do more damage. I'm thinking it's the intensity of the virus/germs/bacteria that a bite introduces. Maybe the virus inside is a different strain from the live virus.

I like how they treated Tyrese"s death. I think they did a great job showing his struggles and tough choices. I liked him and will miss him, and I'm glad they paid him so much respect in death.

But it was confusing about the twins. We knew right away Noah had twin brothers, he even mentioned it before they left Atlanta. When Tyrese went down the hall, there was clearly a young walker behind that door, you could hear and see him. And then he turned into the bedroom and saw another boy dead on the bed. So we "saw" both twins and I assumed so did Tyrese. It's like he looked at the pictures and too late it hit him there were two boys. But he had to have seen/heard the walker behind the door at the end of the hall! Maybe he assumed the walker couldn't open the door.
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    betsysjl wrote: »

I don't think the bite is what gives them the infection. If they lose too much blood and die after a zombie bite, they turn. That is why they can survive if the they lose a limb.

If that was the case, Hershel lost his leg for nothing. It had to be chopped off before the infection spread.
    Then again, I could be wrong.
  • mummyappleseed
    mummyappleseed Posts: 42 Member
    Options

betsysjl wrote: »
    I thought it was a weird episode too. What is going to happen with Morgan? He was following them forever, then they took cars, so how could he keep up?

Morgan picked the Map up that was left behind in the church when the idea was for everyone to head to Washington.
    He'll find them on the road.
    xenoa wrote: »

Being bitten gives you the full blown infection. Everyone is already infected, it's like going to work in flu season, being bit is like having to take the subway in, shaking hands with your boss after he's just thrown a snot tag in the bin & coming home to a partner puking in the bathroom. If you didn't have flu @ the start of the day , you do now.

But there are different degrees of being bitten.

Hershal was bitten, the zombie but his leg to get him to the floor & carried on munching when he was down.

Lost a lot of blood, in & out of consciousness, was also carried out of the tombs by the guys.
    Nasty bite, quick medical assistance, the body hasn't had to run or pump blood round itself, mid infection.

Bob was bitten, zombie got his shoulder, he managed to wrestler her off & escaped in seconds & walked back to church. Less of a wound, less infection, more time before death.

Tyreese, Two bites. Large fleshy chunks.
    Had to fight of the second attack, extra blood flow to the heart, quickens the rate of the virus hitting the heart & brain.x

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Everyone is infected. You die you either have a friend destroy your brain or you are up looking for people snacks. Unless you are bitten. Which in that case you are almost certainly going to turn, unless a friend destroys your brain. Only one amputee survived. And that amputation was almost immediate. There is no science here. It is a story we just all love. But maybe this is the government's way to prepare us. They are flooding the market with zombie shows and books because they are real. And how better to teach us how to deal with them? Muahaha, sharpen your knives and be prepared..................
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Walker bites are 100% lethal. Everybody, so far, is infected with a dormant zombie virus. Once a person dies, the zombie process begins. If a person is biten, then the zombie virus becomes active. The victim's immune system is destroyed and they will die of blood loss, a fever, or infection. If they are bitten on a limb, then it can be amputated above the bite, but it has to be immediately.

Tyrese most definitely died of blood loss. He never stopped the bleeding from two bites, and his severed arm. But I think he gave up and just accepted his fate thanks to ghost Mika, Bob, Beth and flowers girl.