Team Daryl

Options
zumbaforever
zumbaforever Posts: 6,898 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Hi all of team Daryl. I thought it would be great if we could have a place of our own to get to know each other. And be able to offer support, suggestions etc. Have our Discussions and answer any questions. Let's introduce ourselves to begin with. And the first weeks challenge is posted also.

I will be in the advanced category.

Shelley

Replies

• Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jenn. I was in the last challenge, it was my first. I was Intermediate and stuck with that this time. It is right in my comfort zone to begin with and then I kinda struggle at the end to push myself to get the numbers.
    I'm 31, married with 3 kids. Work full time as a dietary manager in a mentally challenged "care home". I have been overweight for most of my young adult/adult life. In 2011 I lost 60lbs and kept it off for almost 2 years (1 month shy). Today, I have gained almost all of it back (50lbs) and it's time to get serious and get it back off.
    This challenge is going to help do just that. Last time I really struggled with nutrition and did fine with the exercise until the tail end. I wasn't seeing the results I wanted and just lost motivation. I did manage to only gain 3.8lbs from the last challenge to this challenge, which is pretty good for me considering the holidays were in there.
    I started the C25K, that will be my main cardio as well as the extra 20 mins I walk after that.
    So....HI everyone and good luck. I hope everyone enjoys this challenge as much I did/will!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Kelsea. I am a 23 year old finishing my bachelor's degree in Cell and Molecular Biology. I work full-time as a certified nursing assistant, as well. I have just got back into an exercise routine after too long of a break, and I have never been so motivated to become fit. This is my first Walking Dead challenge. I was only introduced to the show about a month ago, but I am all caught up. It is an amazing show, and I am really pissed that no one made me watch it in all the four+ years that it as been on. Daryl is my favorite character for many reasons, but mostly just because he is badass and sincere in everything he does. Norman Reedus is also a babe, so that helps too. I am looking forward to the challenge and am really excited that I have another reason to watch the Walking Dead haha.

Also, I am at the intermediate level.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kiele (like Kylie). This is my first TWD challenge. I'm super excited!!! I've been a huge Daryl fan since day 1. Loved the show so much I read all the books. A totally different perspective but was still awesome none the less.

I'm 35, married with 3 amazing girls. I'm pretty much a stay at home mom, and I help my friend at her restaurant by cooking on the weekends. I use to have a home baking license but gave that up to homeschool. I also recently had a vertical gastric sleeve (1/13/15). I'm a hard worker, I love weight lifting and kickboxing. I have a feeling this challenge will be right up my aisle!!
  • zumbaforever
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Nice to get to know you ladies. :D This season is off to a great start. I was rather upset that we lost Tyreese last night. :'( I am 54, mother of two, grandmother of 4 and wife of 36 years. I am in law enforcement, so staying in shape is a must for me. I have 4 dogs and one kitty. My hobbies include gardening and fish. I have two saltwater tanks and a fresh water one. My basement is my gym. I like bodyweight workouts, kettlebell, check it changes weekly.

Today I did 30 minutes towards our cardio. Also was within my calorie goal.

Cardio 30/90
    Strength. 0/60

Shelley
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Mary and work a desk job in IT. Trying to get 10,000 steps a day is hard unless I go to gym. Today I did a spin class, I also am getting back into running (run , walk combo). I really want to lose this weight so that I can enjoy golfing and cycling this summer.

This is my first dead challenge and am in the intermediate group. I think that by the end I will be challenged!
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone and cheering everyone on!!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Hi Mary, nice to see you again. :D A spin class! Now that is awesome! Uh oh, company here.

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 270/90
    Strength: 60/60
    Character Challenge: Doing them all tomorrow
    Calories: 2/7

Hey guys,
    My name is Dazz, I'm 24 and I adore zombies. I have my own weight loss blog (www.theflabdominaldiaries.WordPress.com). I'm team advanced Daryl because Daryl and Michonne represent bad-*kitten*! Let's kick some *kitten*, take no prisoners and kick some *kitten*!

Woo!!!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Dazz so glad you joined us. We were Michonne together last time. And you really rocked.

Calories. 2/7
    Cardio. 60/90
    Weights 30/60

Dazz looks like you are going to have extras!

Shelley
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    I need this shirt!!!
    ht5np7cu37ld.jpg
  • FromFlabToFurious
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cardio: 420/90
    Strength: 90/60
    Character Challenge: Michonne, Beth, Bob, Tyreese and Walkers
    Calories: 4/7

#### EXTRAS ####
    Cardio: 330
    Strength: 30

======

I wanted to talk to you guys about our punishment exercise. I think we should have them do Zombies. Zombies is basically doing one sit-up, one press-up and running to one end of the room to the other and back and increasing the sit-ups and press-ups by one for every round. (eg: 1 push-up, 1 sit-up, short run, 2 push-ups, 2 sit-ups, short run, 3 push-ups, 3 sit-ups, short run, etc). There's different variations to it but this is the easiest one. I usually find it helps to do these to the length of a song a day. It gives you a powerful workout packed in three minutes and there's no pressure to do any more than you're capable of.

I did most of the character challenges. I did: Both Michonne push-ups, Beth, Bob, Tyreese and Walker Horde. I didn't enter it in my exercise diary because there's a lot to enter and to be honest, I'm a bit tired and lazy to do it (I'll do it tomorrow).
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Nice to get to know you ladies. :D This season is off to a great start. I was rather upset that we lost Tyreese last night. :'( I am 54, mother of two, grandmother of 4 and wife of 36 years. I am in law enforcement, so staying in shape is a must for me. I have 4 dogs and one kitty. My hobbies include gardening and fish. I have two saltwater tanks and a fresh water one. My basement is my gym. I like bodyweight workouts, kettlebell, check it changes weekly.

Today I did 30 minutes towards our cardio. Also was within my calorie goal.

Cardio 30/90
    Strength. 0/60

Shelley

Shelley, go on YouTube and type in Club Fitz or Zumfit. Its like Zumba but better! You'll thank me for it! :smile:
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kiele I love the shirt. Awesome, truly.

Dazz I will look into it. Thanks so much. We should get the rest of the team to post with us. How are you all doing with the challenges?

Chat later, tired

Shelley
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    I got Tyreese done yesterday. I'm going to add Bob's today! My butt and legs are so bloody sore!! I love it!!
  • watersm04
    Options
    Kiele, that is such an awesome shirt!
    I'm doing okay on the cardio and staying within my calorie goals, but I'm going to have to step it up on the strength. I'll get it done!
    Do we get extra points if we go above the required time for cardio and strength?

Cardio: 70 / 80
    Strength: 0/50
    Calories: 4/7
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    Yes we do!!! The more the better!!
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    Woot woot team Daryl!! Hope we are all kicking *kitten* and taking names later!!

Cardio 93/70
    Strength 65/40
    Calories 4/4

abrpcr4pnlw1.jpg
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I will update tomorrow. Sorry I have been very busy researching for my new aquarium. To many decisions. Sumps, overflows, protein skimmer. My brain is fried trying to decide on the plumbing. Should have married a Plummer! Great job everyone. Not sure if we get extra for doing more though. Last season I thought we did not. But could donate it to those who needed some.

Is anyone interested in be team captain? I do not have time. Looking for volunteers.

Shelley

• watersm04
    Options
    Did some strength training this morning. Also did the crunches and pushups (can't do the Michonne style pushups yet).

Cardio: 80 / 80
    Strength: 20/50

Extra Cardio: 25

Will do some more strength training tonight and tomorrow.
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have gotten everything completed, will be adding to it today yet. I worked on the Michonne pushups, and I can only manage 2 :neutral_face: Oh well, at least I am trying :smile:

Cardio 117/80
    Strength 50/50
    Challenges are both done
    Calories - yes
    I will be doing more of both today yet, so those numbers will be up.
  • watersm04
    Options
    Cardio: 155 / 80
    Strength: 40/50
    Character challenges: 2

I had to do extra cardio today as we are going out for dinner tonight and it was the only way I could stay within my calories today. Will try to get in 10 more minutes of strength training but my arms are like jello right now :o