Can you help me fix this recipe??

Options
kelleman1
kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
I made something the other day, a quinoa mango salad. It has quinoa, mango, cucumbers, chick peas, and basil. I am using it to top my lunch greens.

However, the basil is more than overpowering the dish, and it's extremely bland. I won't throw it away, but I'd like to somewhat enjoy eating it ;)

Any ideas of what I could add to it???

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lemon?
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    my first thought is maybe strawberries. But I don't know what spice(s) you could add to fix the flavour...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    my first thought is maybe strawberries. But I don't know what spice(s) you could add to fix the flavour...

This is Hubs' job. I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,948 Member
    Options
    Could you add some more of the other ingredients to balance out the basil a bit? I also went in search of an answer and found this. It says too much bitter can be balanced by sweet, salty or sour, and it gives examples of the different flavors. Neat. nouveauraw.com/raw-recipe-templates-and-development/flavor-balancing-how-to-fix-a-recipe/ The raw recipes look amazing.
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, you guys! I added some lemon earlier, it made it a little more tolerable. I think strawberries might help, too, I'll try that next time. Thanks for the link, Mihani, I'll try stuff from there, too.