Anyone doing c25k distance instead of time?

Options
fit4life_73
fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
Hi. I'm just curious to know if anyone is doing the distance version of this program. I'm doing the program all on the treadmill. I'm only in w2, but so far I'm having a little trouble with keeping up with the time. I have an app on my phone that will ding when its time to run/walk. However, my headphones are plugged into the tv on the machine. I thought about using two pair of headphones, but thought that would really look silly. :D I was thinking it might not be as challening to keep up with distance. Is it a bad idea to switch between the two?

Just looking for thoughts.
~TIA

Replies

• jkeyes87
    Options
    I just do it based on time and effort level. I'm a slow runner. I know that. I don't even think about trying to maintain the 10min/mile pace the plan suggests. I just run a pace that's comfortable and challenging enough for me. Even if I only run 2.5 miles instead of 3.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If you are starting C25k without any running experience, then I would focus on a slow and steady speed. If you want to extend the workout past 30 minutes, feel free. That's what I did on week 2. C25k is just a platform to get you started on running a 5k. If you want to push yourself faster than the program, great.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    When I did the program, I did the distance version. My workouts took longer than the 30 minutes you do during the timed version, but in the end, I was running a full 5k when I finished. I did mine outside though, can't handle the treadmill.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well duh @ me. I didn't even realize that I could do a distance instead of time. Is that an option with the app? Duh, again, I can look it up...I'm just not very brave with tech stuff. At least y'all (we all) are doing it and getting there...one way or another. :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    The C25k App from RunDouble has a distance option after week 2. That's what I used.
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did distance...e.g., for W5D3, I ran for 2 miles instead of 20 minutes.