Restarting after 6 month hiatus

Options
elawoman72
elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
Essentially, STARTING OVER. I believe I made it to about Stage 4-5. I am not new to training and know how great it is for my body.

Would you more experienced lifters recomment I start from where I left off or back to square 1 with the weight I can handle?

I appreicate any input, suggestions, advice or scoldings!

Thanks much!

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Am by no means any kind of expert having just reached stage 5 myself. But after that amount of time off, if it was me, I'd start over with the heaviest weights I could manage.
  • elawoman72
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply! I'm feeling starting from Stage 1...

Had unexpected company last night who stayed late so didn't get to start my training. I didn't indulge in adult bevereages or treats so I was glad to accomplish that, but irritated that I didn't get to start last night. BOO. Tonight's the night :-)
  • sarah2002
    sarah2002 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did pretty much the same thing this year. I started over with stage 1, but only did it 4 times instead of the 8, since it's more of a "get acquainted with lifting" workout. I think I started with 80% of my final weights when I last did that stage.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    tsk, tsk...you stopped in the middle?!?! JK

I would start over at the beginning. Sure you could cut stage 1 in half, but they are such good basic moves, I would recommend doing the whole thing to really build strength.
  • elawoman72
    Options
    Thanks, Sarah and LC. I have that on my mind too - I know the moves, heck has re-started 3x already - I AM DETERMINED to complete it THIS time!