I quit drinking today.

Options
I had a year of clean eating in 2011 then I fell off the wagon. Today I read Jason Vale's alcohol book again and now I have more confidence than ever. I won't struggle, I just had to reset my thinking. I'm exited to be in this group to share recipes and gain new knowledge. Cheers!

Replies

• plantilar
    plantilar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Portica..im pretty new to clean eating n would love ideas n recipes..i stopped drinking April 2014 havent touched a drop which is quite an acheivment after a bottle of wind down wine a night..have i missed it? No..at first it was hard but i had to change from sitting in front of the tv in the eve to getting out..i now do gym 4 nights a week church or meet up with friends for coffee..i couldnt imagine alcohol being part of my life now..i havent the time for it or the hangover..good luck..add me if youd like to x
  • BlueMoon_1
    BlueMoon_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Im on day 45 :)
    Read a few books like you. Found good advice but was still struggling. Had an epiphany and the desire died. When I do crave it, I think of that and I simply accept that I should not.

I had to download an app to track my days :) funny, now its like a fitness challenge.
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.

I danced with demon alcohol for a number of years to mask pain of chronic illness. Bad coping skill. I have been drink free since June 12, 2012. Funny how a person can go from an occasional drinker to alcoholic without noticing the changes in relationIonship, lifestyle and weight gain. Exercise is always a good distraction when cravings strike. Count me in for support when needed.
  • LubGunther
    LubGunther Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You guys are inspirational to me! I've also struggled with booze. I'm sober for 2 days now, lol. I drank a couple of times this week but it was very moderate. I even went to the gym afterwards. But alcohol always makes me hungry, or mostly does, and lethargic and tired the next day.

#itsjustnotworthit
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Wine was one thing I wasn't willing to cut from my diet. I've never struggled with drinking and I enjoy... rather enjoyed a glass or 3 with friends. I've been on medication for the last 10 days & cannot drink on it. I don't miss it. At all. I also have felt like crap and haven't done anything socially. I guess I'll see how this goes once I feel better.
  • timerhagan
    timerhagan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow. You guys rock! I quit drinking for Lent. It was a rough first week. I didn't realize hoe dependant on it I was! But like you all, I have found that health is the best distraction. Keep up the great work gang :smile: