Keep the faith all ye scale haters.. my story

Options
4 weeks ago, I started and with the support and great information at this site I decided to really do it right this time; more fat, less calories(avoid the free for all) exercise.
2 weeks ago I was the whining about the scale that not only drop but went up! Boy, nothing ruins motivation than no feedback.

Twice now in the past 3 days people who haven't seen me in awhile have said, wow, you losing weight? Me. Losing weight. AND I was in a puffer coat.

Don't know, was my answer, haven't been on the scale. I asked them what they thought and everyone nodded enthusiastically. Yes, you look "narrower."

Wow. Made my day. Really.
I am still feeling shy of the scale so I think I will just amble on the way I have been going and trust in the journey.

Replies

• sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    4 weeks ago, I started and with the support and great information at this site I decided to really do it right this time; more fat, less calories(avoid the free for all) exercise.
    2 weeks ago I was the whining about the scale that not only drop but went up! Boy, nothing ruins motivation than no feedback.

Twice now in the past 3 days people who haven't seen me in awhile have said, wow, you losing weight? Me. Losing weight. AND I was in a puffer coat.

Don't know, was my answer, haven't been on the scale. I asked them what they thought and everyone nodded enthusiastically. Yes, you look "narrower."

Wow. Made my day. Really.
    I am still feeling shy of the scale so I think I will just amble on the way I have been going and trust in the journey.

(*) I'm not friends with my scale right now but I keep on stepping on it every morning!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My scale is a mean old liar pants, but the jeans that didn't fit two weeks ago are now my best friend!
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Don't give your scale power over your goals. Like a bad relationship. Walk on by.
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love this story. My scale torments me too. I'm going to break up with it too. Thanks for sharing.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!
  • ibetty55
    ibetty55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is really great motivation! The kind of thing I read this board for.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I track daily right now for my own amusement value. As long as I feel good and my clothes fit better, I don't really care about the number on the scale. it's still nice to see it go down, but it's mostly amusement value. I do track measurements once in a while... But I've recently found some pictures to show some of my progress, and that has shocked the socks off of me... I don't care much about going over calories right now either, as long as my macros are good. :) I'm learning how to listen to my body again. It's nice.