A mini rant

Options
So, I am the exact same weight today as I was 20 days ago. This despite suffering an explosive stomach virus starting the day after that last weigh in, eating almost nothing for four days, then returning to my normal, very measured "diet", the same amount of cals/macros on which I was averaging 2-3lbs a week loss prior to that.

I know weight loss isn't linear and blah blah blah but this *kitten* is pissing me off. There is literally no way, given my intake vs output, that the weight should not be coming off.

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

I will carry on, as I have been, but I hate when *kitten* doesn't make sense.

Replies

• sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Same here (no stomach virus, but pneumonia...). It's taking a daily recommitment to stick with it, but I am. I'm also double checking everything (MFP has a lot of bad nutrition info in the database so I'm trying to barcode scan as much as I can and check that too; double checking weights/measures...) Hang in there with the many of us who are in the stall stage.
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well that's just plain crappy! I can't see your diary so please forgive me if I give a bunch of advice that you've already thought of.

Have you taken measurements? In 20 days your scale should reflect a difference but do your clothes feel the same or better? Damn scale.

Have you tried a fast day? I've never done one but a lot of people swear by them. Maybe instead of a true fast you could try a decrease on two or three days a week, and normal consumption the other days.

Are you eating the same foods every day and/or the same amount of calories every meal? I've done the opposite of a fast before in order to reset my body. I've had a huge cheat day to kick myself out of ketosis and then gone back in and lost.

Given how much weight you've already lost, I'm sure these ideas are all givens to you. Keep up the great work!

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    So, I am the exact same weight today as I was 20 days ago. This despite suffering an explosive stomach virus starting the day after that last weigh in, eating almost nothing for four days, then returning to my normal, very measured "diet", the same amount of cals/macros on which I was averaging 2-3lbs a week loss prior to that.

I know weight loss isn't linear and blah blah blah but this *kitten* is pissing me off. There is literally no way, given my intake vs output, that the weight should not be coming off.

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

I will carry on, as I have been, but I hate when *kitten* doesn't make sense.

Maybe the starvation mode from the sickness slowed your metabolism down? You were basically on a fast on the days you had the virus. Too much fasting will do that. IF on non-consecutive days is good. But I know you didn't have a choice...

Hopefully you'll start losing again...

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan