New Here

Hello! I am new to the LCHF woe, though I have tried to do as much research as I could. Have lost 6 pounds the last two weeks but now have stalled out. Just looking for a supportive place and maybe once in a while someone to remind me that butter and fat are ok LOL.

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Not a stall, you just lost the water that the carbohydrate molecules had attached to. Now that you are low carb, you don't keep that extra weight on board.
    So settle in and enjoy the long haul ride. :)
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    So if I keep doing what I am doing the weight loss should eventually continue? Because I have about 60 more pounds to go LOL!!
  • kirkor
    Yep --- what sort of deficit are you running?
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    I am using what MFP set for me 1380 , goal of 2lbs a week. I am 5'10" 210, workout (not intensely by most standards) 5 times a week for at least 45 minutes.
  • kirkor
    Ya, that works per the calculator. Even if your workouts aren't that intense I don't think you'd want to go any lower on cals. Depending on your BF%, you're probably ok at that rate for a while, but as you lose weight you may need to up the calories a bit since you won't have as large a fat store to burn through and may find yourself hungrier. I mean, some hunger is inevitable (and ketogenic eating helps "hack" some of that) but being miserable is not the way to ensure long-term adherence.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    PISS - Post Induction Stall Sydrome. Its very common to lose water weight the first couple weeks then stall out. Your body has a lot of adjusting to do initially. It isn't easy, but try to be patient with it :) Also, welcome!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Thank you! That helps a lot :smiley:
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    I am not sure if we're allowed to link to other sites from here, but reddit has a very active keto community.