Intro

Hello, name's Bill. I have been practicing goshin jiu jitsu for about 8 years, just received my black belt in November. Also been studying bjj for about the same, pekiti for 5 years.

Replies

• Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    edited February 2015
    Welcome. Hope to see you participate in the Water Cooler Chat.

I go by Ari. Most recently, I and my son are studying Chinese Kempo. We've been at our current school for just under a year
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Glad to have you here, Bill!

Pekiti is an interesting art! I've never practiced with anyone from any of the Kali family of arts before. What has been your experience - how does it doevetail into your JJ training?

• rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Hey there another jiu jitsu/ jujitsu practitioner! Welcome and happy training. I'm Ray and I am a bjj blue belt and have done a few miyama jujitsu lessons as well.
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Hi my name is Vicky, I have studied shotokan karate for about 5 yrs, my son studies goju ryu so most of my time is karate of some form! Alot of my friends in the karate circle also undertake jujitsu and hold a Dan grade, I would like to have a go and have been invited many times, but my size has always put me off!!
  • bwmalone wrote: »
    Glad to have you here, Bill!

Pekiti is an interesting art! I've never practiced with anyone from any of the Kali family of arts before. What has been your experience - how does it doevetail into your JJ training?
    It works quite well, as jj is short range arm and pekiti is a mostly long range art.

• Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Hi to all. Matt, 43 years old, a recently promoted blue belt that started jiu jitsu wanting to do an athletic activity with my teenage sons (14 & 12). Currently 263 - goal to get back to 200, to help my jiu jitsu and most importantly just live a healthy lifestyle. Looking for an "accountability buddy" to help me stay on the path!