Clothing fitting issue

tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
Okay,a little background first. I am 47 yo, short (5'2.5") female with a healthy body weight (131 lbs) and body fat (around 25% as best I can tell). No, I don't have that perfect dream body yet, but overall I'm not unhappy with my body. I feel like I look pretty good. I would love to lose those last 5-10 lbs and get rid of the muffin tops, but those last pounds are stubborn. And the muffin tops are the issue here.

Because, as happens at a certain age, my waist has thickened. Suddenly I am struggling with a clothing delimma. If I buy pants that fit my waist, my butt, which seems to be currently disappearing, gets lost in the extra fabric of the pants. They are way too big through the hips. However, if I buy pants/jeans that fit my butt, there are waist issues--If I buy low riders (which is how I have been solving the issue), then I have unsightly muffin tops. But if I buy pants that sit at the waist (and fit the hips), then there is no way they will button in the waist!

What's a girl to do??

Do any of you have this problem, and how do you solve it, outside of wearing leggings and tunics every day? I do love my leggings, but sometimes I just need to wear trousers or jeans!

Replies

• KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    I don't have that problem. My fit issues usually are because I'm too 'hippy'. I have to go with what fits at the hip, and depending on the piece of clothing, either I take the waist in myself or have it tailored.

Good luck!
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    I hear ya! I don't have an answer, but I completely sympathize. It also seems to fluctuate throughout the month. Jeans with Lycra are a must! Unfortunately, the trousers seem to be a bigger issue. I have found you have to try a LOT of different pairs on, to find ones that fit your figure. Unfortunately for people like us, the new style seems to be fitted to larger hips and seat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Pilates.

I hear you. My weight is stable, yet my waist is changing. Core workouts seem to help!